OneC1TYNashville Mixed-Use Project | UC

smeagolsfree

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Brichar4 said:

Excited about this! Have we heard any more on the possible retail types or even a possible grocery? It’s like hard to tell if any of the sample retail spots could handle a small Trader Joe’s or something. 

This site may be a little to close to their store on White Bridge. I’m hoping for one in the proposed Hill Center in Germantown, which appears to be in limbo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KirbsMagurbs said:

I've been curious about the status of Hill Center.  Any intel on why it might be in limbo?

No idea. When I attended the initial presentation, plans were to start in May of last year. With over 1,000 more units coming on line, not including the Metro Center projects, it would seem that a grocery store there would be thrive, especially since the Kroger is such a dump.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chc3 said:

No idea. When I attended the initial presentation, plans were to start in May of last year. With over 1,000 more units coming on line, not including the Metro Center projects, it would seem that a grocery store there would be thrive, especially since the Kroger is such a dump.

Absolutely. I live off 3rd and Madison and  would happily walk three blocks there versus getting in my car to go the Rosa Parks Kroger. I'm certain many of my neighbors would do the same. 

2 hours ago, downtownresident said:

If I’m remembering correctly, doesn’t Hill Center Germantown have a pretty sizable office component? 

Here's Now Next's coverage from December '21. Looks like it was estimated to be 110,000 sq. ft. of office. 

https://nashvillenownext.com/2021/12/09/now-next-hill-center-a-grocery-anchored-200000-sf-mixed-use-development-in-germantown/

On 2/17/2023 at 11:57 AM, chc3 said:

This site may be a little to close to their store on White Bridge. I’m hoping for one in the proposed Hill Center in Germantown, which appears to be in limbo.

Oh man I hope not... that lot is the last major piece in the Germantown puzzle.  

• Like 2

5 City Blvd. (15 stories, 345,000 sq. ft. office space, 18,000 sq. ft. retail, 900 capacity internal garage) lands a $34.5 million permit for ongoing construction.

More behind The Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/notes-one-city-project-takes-step-forward/article_78c027de-bf94-11ed-8c61-6f40195c3d41.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Brichar4 said:

It looks like they Quadrupled the Skyline and added a few repeat buildings in the video… i wish it looked more like that

4B7877AD-B31F-485A-8E1D-74991776FE95.png

I see two batman buildings at least. All in all, I wish this were the skyline though. Talk about the never-ending skyline!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3