Park Central aka Park 25

smeagolsfree

This was mentioned on the Elliston 23 thread and deserves its own thread.

elliston23.png

Property has been sold to Tony and this has shown up on bid clerk.

This and Elliston 23 are going to add a lot to the area, not to mention the FYE property that is on a hotel bid site and bid clerk and is scheduled to start next year.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lived at Louise-Douglas 1999-2004 and loved it.

This will be Tony's first project in Midtown (if I'm not mistaken). I once worked in the Athlon Building and lived nearby at Louise-Douglas. Fond of the area. Should be a very nice project and it's needed.

WW

• 4 weeks later...

High end rentals for the Vanderbilt elites, but a good project. This type of development needs to move to the area around and behind the Apple Market which is in desperate need of rehabilitation with acres of surface parking lots and dilapidated buildings. Maybe Tony could do a project similar to what he did in Belle Meade

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Elliston 23 is under construction now with a nice tower crane on site. That will be a very larg building for that area for sure and a welcome addition.

Site B is suppose to start soon and that will be a 7 stroy Homewood suites

Site D was a 6 story building at Centennial just completed

• 1 month later...

Getting the Beamans to sell their land has about the same chance as a meteor taking out Cool Springs. I with you but probably will never happen.

I gave up on that idea years ago. The location is too ideal. They would have to get a ridiculous offer. Plus them and the (former) Jim Reed are Nashville institutions.

I would consider it a small victory if they could enclose their entire lot with a glass wall and a metal roof. In essence, have one giant climate controlled showroom. That would be pretty cool.

I gave up on that idea years ago. The location is too ideal. They would have to get a ridiculous offer. Plus them and the (former) Jim Reed are Nashville institutions.

I would consider it a small victory if they could enclose their entire lot with a glass wall and a metal roof. In essence, have one giant climate controlled showroom. That would be pretty cool.

Obviously, we'd all rather have something in that prime location than a car dealership, which is, for all intents and purposes, a parking lot that you can't park at. However, I'm not opposed to car dealerships in an urban setting if they are urban, multi-story, and built up to the street. I highly doubt that will ever happen in Nashville though. I understand why the Beamans want to stay there, and they have every right to do so, but it kind of irritates me how seemingly stubborn they are to even alter their current layout, much less sell their land, even though that would be to the great benefit of the city as a whole.

Just as an example, here is a rendering of a Toyota dealership being built in Chicago:

grossinger-photo.jpg

Obviously, we'd all rather have something in that prime location than a car dealership, which is, for all intents and purposes, a parking lot that you can't park at. However, I'm not opposed to car dealerships in an urban setting if they are urban, multi-story, and built up to the street. I highly doubt that will ever happen in Nashville though. I understand why the Beamans want to stay there, and they have every right to do so, but it kind of irritates me how seemingly stubborn they are to even alter their current layout, much less sell their land, even though that would be to the great benefit of the city as a whole.

Just as an example, here is a rendering of a Toyota dealership being built in Chicago:

grossinger-photo.jpg

I wouldn't go with "not ever"...but I think it will no doubt be a long time...

I really like that Chicago dealership.

I could see something like that here...but years off. When the Gulch builds out...and when Midtown starts running out of suitable urban sites, I could see the land value jumping to such a level where it would make sense for the dealerships to consolidate on maybe half of their property, and then sell the remainder for development.

Archived