Park Central aka Park 25

smeagolsfree

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

That stretch of West End is going to be crane central with Kissam Hall, Elliston 23, probably the Homewood Suites, and now this project.

Speaking of the Homewood Suites - there is about a 20' hole there right now. It kinda caught me off guard how deep it was. So yeah, there will be 2 cranes at least there.

Yea, I was taking a look at that hole today too. I really think there will be a second crane at Kissam, one maybe two at Homewood and not real sure about Park 25. Seems to me there is a parking garage on the rear but cannot remember for sure. If there is one then there will be two there as well. Not real sure how West End Village is going up. I did not see any large holes for cranes there either. The Patel project is supposed to start in September and that will mean a couple of more there as well. If what we have heard is true then Tony and Ray may be able to get their towers out of the ground by the end of the year, not to mention the Hyatt Place, Hilton Garden Inn and the apartment building on Rolling Mill Hill that is supposed to start by the end of the year. There will be another crane at Belmont for the new academic building and that hole is pretty deep right now. Looks to be about 50 feet deep maybe more. Also Vision Hosp. is supposed to start the hotel in the Gulch soon too.

Not too excited about this project as it's not in downtown. I am glad this is happening, but I rather enjoy more high profile projects. This will quietly rise like Elliston 23.

The more people we can get into the core neighborhoods, the better. I'm excited about all of these projects.

Bringing more people into West End (and other areas around downtown), the more urban amenities (such as shopping) that we can bring in...and that will ultimately make urban living downtown even more attractive.

That's just silly thinking, to me at least.

There is a similar situation in Memphis. The tallest building in the city, Clark Tower, is about 9 miles out of downtown. There is also a 18-20 story building right next to it and it looks way out of place. Skyscrapers, or in our case, high rises, have always been in the central business district

There is a similar situation in Memphis. The tallest building in the city, Clark Tower, is about 9 miles out of downtown. There is also a 18-20 story building right next to it and it looks way out of place. Skyscrapers, or in our case, high rises, have always been in the central business district

Yeah, now that is a case of "what in the world?"

What you originally said is what many probably thought of the then IBM Tower in midtown Atlanta, now look. Of course midtown Nashville will never be midtown Atlanta but it has a chance to have a highly variable amount of heights over the coming years but most below 15 floors without a doubt. Most of your new skyscrapers will be in SoBro or the core.

That's true, plus there's the Hilton that's 329' that all the way at 240 and Poplar, which is roughly 2 miles further east of Clark Tower and White Station Tower.

Sorry, sort of continuing the branching topic, but can anyone explain why the heck the Bridgestone tower is not DT?!

Bridgestone Park (the original HQ) is a low rise office building off of Lebanon Pk at Briley.

The tower they moved into was just office space...I think they just decided to make the easier move into an already constructed building (that was really just a couple of miles away), but one with much better visibility than their previous location. Just speculating, but I think the only way they would've moved downtown is if there had been an already constructed building that suited their needs in the DT area. I'm not sure what was available at the time of their move, but they may have not even been looking downtown.

I would love to have them downtown...but I will say I like their current location a LOT more than their previous one.

Bridgestone Park (the original HQ) is a low rise office building off of Lebanon Pk at Briley.

https://maps.google....002642&t=h&z=19

The tower they moved into was just office space...I think they just decided to make the easier move into an already constructed building (that was really just a couple of miles away), but one with much better visibility than their previous location. Just speculating, but I think the only way they would've moved downtown is if there had been an already constructed building that suited their needs in the DT area. I'm not sure what was available at the time of their move, but they may have not even been looking downtown.

I would love to have them downtown...but I will say I like their current location a LOT more than their previous one.

Wait...that's what they moved in to? It seems awfully small and, judging by the oblique aerials, somewhat shabby.

Archived