smeagolsfree

505CST | 545 ft | 45 fls Church St | U/C

1654 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

I want that view!!

Forgive me if this has been mentioned tons, but are these condos or apartments?

Apartments,  principally. Giarratana wants several upper floors set aside for condos.  Probably having to restructure some debt/loan covenants with lenders in order to do so. I don't know if it's already sorted...

On 7/21/2017 at 9:45 AM, bellinibean said:

I'm back from Europe now and headed to Texas until I retire. I worked a bit on SHAPE, Chievres and the NSA site in Brussels. It was a busy three years to say the least.

Smeagol, thanks, I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your service. I'm retired Navy myself, but was an Army brat. My dad was mostly stationed in Germany (West Germany at the time) and we traveled all over. The last time we were there, I had to attend high school at AFCENT (now AFNORTH) in the Netherlands. SHAPE was our biggest sports rival back in the late 80's. I hope to make it back there one day. I was stationed in Sicily for three years and unfortunately didn't get any farther than northern Italy. 

I know this is old news to y'all but man I can't help but what think of what this building could have been.

Don't get me wrong, this is way better than a surface lot, but those original renderings of Siggie are what brought me on to this site when I was 14. I remember just dreaming about how beautiful that Tower would've been... and even the design concepts of 505 he released about four years ago were snazzy. Idk there are so many amazing projects I see when I go home I guess I shouldn't get hung up on one, but this sure ain't the 2007 tower that would make us taller than Atlanta 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, franktown said:

I know this is old news to y'all but man I can't help but what think of what this building could have been.

Don't get me wrong, this is way better than a surface lot, but those original renderings of Siggie are what brought me on to this site when I was 14. I remember just dreaming about how beautiful that Tower would've been... and even the design concepts of 505 he released about four years ago were snazzy. Idk there are so many amazing projects I see when I go home I guess I shouldn't get hung up on one, but this sure ain't the 2007 tower that would make us taller than Atlanta 

Yes...there have been a few early proposals that would have been game-changers for us, but they always get the "reality" make-over.  At least we're pretty much getting the original design of the JWM, thankfully (albeit, without the nice office tower that would have complemented the JWM).  Hoping we get the original designs of the 2nd Ave Partners and Buckingham Gulch towers.