Breton Village

twoshort

There was an article last week that said two additional women's clothing stores and a restaurant. They haven't announced who they were but said both of the clothing stores were a result of Anthropologie moving in. I noticed there is a patch of grass in the parking lot across from Anthropologie. I wonder if this could/will hold another building?

Joe

• 1 month later...

I guess GR is on the national chain radar now... Ruth's Chris, PF Changs, Newks, Smashburger, and so on... I have not ever been to a Houlihan's... any good?

This is certainly good for Breton Village - its seen a dramatic resurgence since the Anthropologie opening.

• 1 year later...

Yes, it seems like the perfect location for one.

What is the un-official rule with Trader Joe's...They do go into a new market unless Whole Foods is already there?  Just wonder how accurate that is.

I have never thought of Trader Joe's as being expensive.  Sure, they have unique items but no where near Whole Foods in my opinion.  I like Trader Joe's and think they would do very well in that location.

• 6 months later...

"Pooh's Corner customers on store closing: 'It feels like a funeral'"

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2014/03/poohs_corner_customers_on_stor.html#incart_river_default

I only went there once as a kid. The teachers at my elementary school, and some of the kids, spoke of the place like it was the most glorious bookstore ever conceived. I thought they were the only place allowed to sell the Chris Van Allsburg books my teacher bought to read to us.

Was sort of underwhelmed by it. Seems a little too pretentious and certainly pricey. Definitely made for the Ottawa Hills, EGR, and Forest Hills soccer mom crowd.

Cant say I'm shocked though. Everything there can easily be bought online at a fraction of the cost these days. Very hard to justify the prices in this economy. Sure they have lots of knowledge on the books they sell, but even that can be found on the internet too. But it's sad to see one of the few old school GR stores fade out.

"Pooh's Corner customers on store closing: 'It feels like a funeral'"

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2014/03/poohs_corner_customers_on_stor.html#incart_river_default

I only went there once as a kid. The teachers at my elementary school, and some of the kids, spoke of the place like it was the most glorious bookstore ever conceived. I thought they were the only place allowed to sell the Chris Van Allsburg books my teacher bought to read to us.

Was sort of underwhelmed by it. Seems a little too pretentious and certainly pricey. Definitely made for the Ottawa Hills, EGR, and Forest Hills soccer mom crowd.

Cant say I'm shocked though. Everything there can easily be bought online at a fraction of the cost these days. Very hard to justify the prices in this economy. Sure they have lots of knowledge on the books they sell, but even that can be found on the internet too. But it's sad to see one of the few old school GR stores fade out.

I took the kids there a couple of times when they were little. Interestingly I don't think we ever bought anything there. It was a cozy bookstore to hang out in, like a lot of small bookstores. I could picture a "You've Got Mail #2" filmed there.

It's a bookstore though, they're all going away eventually.

It would be interesting to see Breton Village de-malled. Perfect spot for a "lifestyle center" area.