Breton Village

twoshort

Here's an article:

http://mibiz.com/news/real-estate/item/21307-cwd-plans-more-retail-space-at-breton-village

Joe

My wife says there's movement next to/behind fifth third. Any idea what's shaking there?  I'm sure it was discussed somewhere, but I can't find it.  I think she said there's fencing and a CD Barnes trailer on site.

• 3 weeks later...

Great news for EGR & Breton Village.  Upscale retail is finally taking off in this area.  Score one for me.

I have to wonder if this is bad news for Gaslight Village.  We have two retailers that seem to be moving for more square footage.  Is floor space in Gaslight Village too small to handle big stores?  That might be a problem if they're trying to attract bigger brands (and that's "if." Maybe they aren't).  Is there even more room to build, if needed?

Lee & Birch moving to Wealthy/Eastern really threw me for a loop.  Did not expect that.

Great news for EGR & Breton Village.  Upscale retail is finally taking off in this area.  Score one for me.

I have to wonder if this is bad news for Gaslight Village.  We have two retailers that seem to be moving for more square footage.  Is floor space in Gaslight Village too small to handle big stores?  That might be a problem if they're trying to attract bigger brands (and that's "if." Maybe they aren't).  Is there even more room to build, if needed?

Lee & Birch moving to Wealthy/Eastern really threw me for a loop.  Did not expect that.

Well, lululemon wasn't even in a storefront.  They were in a 2nd story office space with no retail frontage.

I had never been inside the Hot Mama store, but from peering in the windows walking by, it seemed they had a decent size space, but not huge.

I think this might be the Hot Mama space: http://mls.carwm.com/listing/28687018  If so, 2397sq ft. with rent that is $24 psf, vs. $15-$16 psf in a lot of the places in higher traffic retail areas downtown GR.  Not sure how that compares rent in some of the more suburban areas.

• 9 months later...

This is a HUGE get for us. It's kind of the equivalent of getting a Trader Joes or Whole Foods for people that like home decorating. The only thing that would make me more excited is if IKEA announced that they were coming to GR.

Got to hand it to Breton Village. They turned that place around in a big way over the past 10 years. I can fully expect that whole area to experience a major retail building boom with this type of momentum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
43 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

I think I must be psychic. I drove by Breton Village two days ago, for the first time in probably a year, and thought to myself "I wonder when they're going to start the de-malling project here." 

http://www.grbj.com/articles/86096-mall-begins-de-malling-process

Has there been a list of stores that will remain?  I have a hunch the wig store will NOT remain but that is just a hunch.  Since you are a psychic, can you pass me the winning lotto numbers?

46 minutes ago, john_denver said:

Has there been a list of stores that will remain?  I have a hunch the wig store will NOT remain but that is just a hunch.  Since you are a psychic, can you pass me the winning lotto numbers?

In the article it talks about what stores are moving/reconfiguring. I've gone over my monthly allowance so I can't see the article anymore. 

Sorry man I don't believe in the lotto. :)