The SoBro | 32 stories 345 ft | 3rd & Demonbreun

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 9.18.07 AM.png

Holy crap that is a TON of individual A/C units!! I guess I can see that being easy to replace one units compressor if it breaks, but is that really an efficient way to do a building? Rather than a larger air handling unit with VAV system and zones at each residential unit?

• Like 1

Tony Giarratana and his partners in Magellan Development are selling the SoBro Tower. Asking price seems to be around $130 million. Tony said in a recent interview that 93 percent of the 313 units are leased.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/08/22/chinese-chicago-investors-offer-downtown-tower-for.html

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Tony Giarratana and his partners in Magellan Development are selling the SoBro Tower. Asking price seems to be around $130 million. Tony said in a recent interview that 93 percent of the units are leased. 

93% leased is much more than I thought it would be- which is great, depending on if they hit their rent projections or not. I am assuming no, but that doesn’t mean it’s a fire sale 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Cafe Intermezzo, the European styled cafe, is nearing completion at the base of the SoBro Tower.

Looking south from Demonbreun St., just west of 2nd Ave. South:

SoBro Tower, Cafe Intermezzo, Oct 20, 2018, 1 .jpg

Looking SW from intersection of 2nd Ave. South and Demonbreun:

SoBro Tower, Cafe Intermezzo, Oct 20, 2018, 2.jpg

As far as I can tell it’s complete. It’s definitely open. I take late night walks past it and it’s open till 1 am most days, 2 am on Fridays and Saturdays. Never very full but decent amounts of people trying to escape the insanity of Broadway. Plus it’s just a beautiful restaurant space. Hopefully it does well because it seems like a real credit to the area. 

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/6/2021 at 6:59 PM, BnaBreaker said:

This is not good news, in my opinion.  Although I'm happy we're a town that is such a hot spot for tourists, we can't let this become a tourist dominated town.  This city must be for residents, first and foremost.  To hear that one of the largest, tallest, most high end residential buildings in one of the hottest neighborhoods in the center of the city is  effectively being turned into a woo-girl dormitory is very disheartening indeed.  Permanent residents > extremely short term renters.   Hopefully this trend doesn't continue.  

I've thought the SoBro has been kind of like a Panama City Beach type condo for years.............not surprised by this at all.    Is a very busy drop off spot for Uber, with people getting out with their lunch box sized suitcases.  I shared this photo on the Centric Hotel page a couple of years ago.

ledge.jpg

• Like 3

Although on the possibly bright side, the current management company of the Sobro is terrible (the garage and sidewalks are disgusting, and their security is non existent), so maybe the new company will be a step up from what is currently there. It’s unfortunate to be losing another large residential building to STR.

I’m glad that planning has started to put in language restricting STR for projects that seek modifications to the DTC as conditions of approval. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

Although on the possibly bright side, the current management company of the Sobro is terrible (the garage and sidewalks are disgusting, and their security is non existent), so maybe the new company will be a step up from what is currently there. It’s unfortunate to be losing another large residential building to STR.

I’m glad that planning has started to put in language restricting STR for projects that seek modifications to the DTC as conditions of approval. 

Also, I would rather the bachelorettes be here than spread throughout Nashville's residential neighborhoods. 

Edited by nashvylle
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1