smeagolsfree

The SoBro | 32 stories 345 ft | 3rd & Demonbreun

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 9.18.07 AM.png

Holy crap that is a TON of individual A/C units!! I guess I can see that being easy to replace one units compressor if it breaks, but is that really an efficient way to do a building? Rather than a larger air handling unit with VAV system and zones at each residential unit?

• Like 1

Tony Giarratana and his partners in Magellan Development are selling the SoBro Tower. Asking price seems to be around $130 million. Tony said in a recent interview that 93 percent of the 313 units are leased.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/08/22/chinese-chicago-investors-offer-downtown-tower-for.html

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Tony Giarratana and his partners in Magellan Development are selling the SoBro Tower. Asking price seems to be around $130 million. Tony said in a recent interview that 93 percent of the units are leased. 

93% leased is much more than I thought it would be- which is great, depending on if they hit their rent projections or not. I am assuming no, but that doesn’t mean it’s a fire sale 

On 8/23/2018 at 12:06 AM, Pdt2f said:

93% is impressive. I think some of us last year thought this one was going to struggle, but hopefully those numbers will convince some of the other developers that there’s still a solid market for downtown residences. 

Even tiny, expensive ones.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Cafe Intermezzo, the European styled cafe, is nearing completion at the base of the SoBro Tower.

Looking south from Demonbreun St., just west of 2nd Ave. South:

SoBro Tower, Cafe Intermezzo, Oct 20, 2018, 1 .jpg

Looking SW from intersection of 2nd Ave. South and Demonbreun:

SoBro Tower, Cafe Intermezzo, Oct 20, 2018, 2.jpg

As far as I can tell it’s complete. It’s definitely open. I take late night walks past it and it’s open till 1 am most days, 2 am on Fridays and Saturdays. Never very full but decent amounts of people trying to escape the insanity of Broadway. Plus it’s just a beautiful restaurant space. Hopefully it does well because it seems like a real credit to the area. 

• Like 4