The SoBro | 32 stories 345 ft | 3rd & Demonbreun

smeagolsfree

I work in the AT&T (Batman) building and my office is on the side where I will be able to see this baby slowly rise (no pun intended).

I work across the street from this site and while I am excited about the building, I am not excited about contruction noise.

Any of you who know Mr. Giarratana, please tell him that people are starting to doubt this project.  His ability to get large projects out of the ground has not been so hot lately.  He's a dreamer, but when it comes to actually getting things done, Hensler and Childress Klein (just to name two) are running rings around him.  There is pent-up demand for apartments downtown (and condos too!!).  Looks like the Westin hotel is going to beat the Sobro out of the ground too... and that's when it starts to get a little embarrassing.

• 2 weeks later...

On my drive into the office (AT&T building) this morning, I noticed some guys on the SOBRO site using paint to mark off the existing parking lot. Just thought I'd share. Not sure if it means anything is happening or not.

They were using ground penetrating radar to see what is under the lot.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a sticky mess for sure. The problem will be that the sidewalks will not align for the Diner and the SoBro. If the diner had not been totally demolished, then there would be no problem. Sounds as if Metro is partly to blame as one entity (NES) told them the electrical vault would not work in a renovated building. The dimwits took the entire building down without a permit which nullifies the historical character of the building which would have been exempt from the sidewalk rule.

This one may take a little while to work out.

• Like 1