The SoBro | 32 stories 345 ft | 3rd & Demonbreun

smeagolsfree

They should have just sold this land to Tony for SOBRO and been done with the whole thing. Heck, he could just customized that corner of his building for the diner and offered it as a room-service amenity for his residents. It still seems to me that both SOBRO Tower and this Diner are going to have small footprints and lot constraints.

Edited by bwithers1

I

How does Tony keep dodging The SOBRO starting date? Am I missing something? Are the reporters not asking about SOBRO when discussing the diner? I don't want to sound like an ass but, go knock on his door.

I think Tony needs to get the ball rolling on one of his properties, it seems like other development are taking pic

Parts of his land , 505 , and sobro,

Seems like his stuff goes in a cycle. A story will be released about a project starting in the upcoming weeks. Then nothing will end up starting. Few weeks after that another story will be released with an updated rendering or start date. Etc, etc, etc. 

I think the last update was that financing would finish at end of May and construction would "start immediately"   Well it is now the end of June. One day it will happen. I think

Yeah, though I do love Tony's sense of ambition and vision, and though I enjoy seeing new renderings come out every few months for another new Tony proposal, at the same time, they make me more nervous about the fate of all the other projects that have yet to get out of the ground. I kind of wish he would just focus all his money and energy on one project at a time. I'm not sure if that is actually the issue here, but at times I do get the impression that he simply has himself spread too thin.

Edited by BnaBreaker

Just build the damn thing, Mr. Giarratana! A diner at the sliver of a corner of the block where you claim to be ready to build a tower 100 times the size of said diner should not interfere with your site prep... that is if you are really prepared to build this building.  

• Like 2

So, I guess I'm just having a hard time conceptualizing exactly how everything on this block is going to lay out. The whole areas been fenced off for some time now. I drove by yesterday and on the north side of the block theres obviously been work done, so far theres a wall maybe 10 to 15 feet high at this point of concrete cinder blocks. Is this part of the diner they're talking about, or what?

So, I guess I'm just having a hard time conceptualizing exactly how everything on this block is going to lay out. The whole areas been fenced off for some time now. I drove by yesterday and on the north side of the block theres obviously been work done, so far theres a wall maybe 10 to 15 feet high at this point of concrete cinder blocks. Is this part of the diner they're talking about, or what?

Yes, the new block and brick construction is the diner, which at 3 stories will be dwarfed by The SoBro.     The SoBro footprint is essentially all of the remaining surface parking at Demonbreun/2nd and along 3rd behind the Listening Room.   An odd site to work with, for sure.  

I'm pretty sure when blasting starts for the SoBro below ground parking, the diner will fall in.

Work has stopped at the Diner site. No one there today.

Well, it is a holiday week. It's not all that uncommon for construction companies to take an extended period of time off during holidays, especially if most of the crew is from out of town. Not saying that's the case here, but it could be a possibility. 

It's more about Tony appearing to be taking on some leaks in his ship.  He sells most of the 505 lot for a parking garage, which may not signify the 505 being dead...but probably at least tells us he's really needing some money right now.  Then he pulls out of the Marriott hotel deal.  Now he's a few months behind getting started on SoBro.

I think we're all just hoping he actually gets one out of the ground soon or we're really gonna start doubting any proposals he puts forward.