The SoBro | 32 stories 345 ft | 3rd & Demonbreun

smeagolsfree

A lot of penthouses are double floors, not necessarily floors with higher ceilings. Design wise, it's a pain to have 10 or 12 floors sitting at 9' or 10' and then jump to have other floors at 12' or so. That would throw off your elevation grids as well as break the flow of the facade's spacing. Most residential developments have 9' or 10' ceilings. 

Thanks for the explanation Ark. I did notice in all the renderings of the SoBro that the floor directly above the parking garage seem's to be taller then the rest. You can see it a little bit in the rendering above and more in others. I wasn't sure if it was just a mistake in the render or maybe a floor with amenities or who know's what. I assumed that because more than likely there will be an outside area with a pool on top of that structure and that floor would be the access to it. What's your take on that?

Edited by mirydi

That lobby doesn't have to be more than one floor at street level, especially for a residential development. Anything over 10'-12-14' is wasted space.

I have to say I really admire the "wasted space" on the ground floor of the Pinnacle.

If you're not familiar:  (scroll down the page a bit)

http://www.architecturalphotographernashville.com/commercial/list.php

Edited by Neigeville2
  • Like 1

I have to say I really admire the "wasted space" on the ground floor of the Pinnacle.

If you're not familiar:  (scroll down the page a bit)

http://www.architecturalphotographernashville.com/commercial/list.php

Lol...$80 million more and a client who's a bank allows for that. 

To be clear that "wasted space" is meant to be space that's heated or cooled but isn't used, not space that could or couldn't be aesthetically pleasing. 25' lobby or another floor of money making space? I know which one I'd choose. 

There is a reason it has not started as we found out at the forum meet last Saturday. If you come to the meets, you get this information that cannot be put on the board. Another developer says its happening, but that is all I can say.

I have an email in to him, but no response yet.

UA

LOL... as the SOBRO looks less and less likely... maybe we should just change the title of this thread to the Noah Liff Opera Center.   Would love to see that place.

Sorry...didn't mean to change the subject...but those photos showed up in the photo link someone posted on here.  Just threw me for a loop when I saw the photos of such a beautiful structure that I didn't even know existed in Nashville.

For those of us that are out of town and cannot make it to a forum meet, could you private message or email what is going on?  It seems like one delay after another.  I suspect that the 24 diner construction has something to do with the delay. 

For those of us that are out of town and cannot make it to a forum meet, could you private message or email what is going on?  It seems like one delay after another.  I suspect that the 24 diner construction has something to do with the delay. 

As per our private conversation on Facebook, I think it is an issue that will be worked out, but I suspect it could take 6 months or more, but no worries, the ground is not going anywhere.

• Like 1

Good news from Tony at the Urban Residents Association meeting last night. He has his construction loan, so Sobro is now ready to go. He also said 505 CST will be apartments and condos. WW may have a piece on it shortly, but that is what Tony said at the meeting last night  according to someone that went to the meeting in WW's building.

Edited by Urban Architecture
  • Like 3

Good news from Tony at the Urban Residents Association meeting last night. He has his construction loan, so Sobro is now ready to go. He also said 505 CST will be apartments and condos. WW may have a piece on it shortly, but that is what Tony said at the meeting last night  according to someone that went to the meeting in WW building.

Was the construction loan the piece that was preventing this from starting? Or is that another issue? 

Good news though, esp about 505 CST