The SoBro | 32 stories 345 ft | 3rd & Demonbreun

smeagolsfree

8 hours ago, volsfanwill said:

renting website is live.  prices range from "HA you have got to be kidding me" to "OMG"  to "call us you dont want to know"

http://www.rentsobro.com/

A one bed 625 sq ft apartment for $1800+? That's expensive for DC! Who is paying this in Nashville of all places? 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, titanhog said:

I doubt that wall gets covered up by other development anytime soon since that little parking lot is used by The Listening Room...so yes, a mural would be perfect!  I doubt the Listening Room sells.

CB Ragland owns the lot on which The Listening Room is located.   They have a tenant and are in no rush to develop it or sell.  But if the right offer comes along, one never knows.  

2 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

CB Ragland owns the lot on which The Listening Room is located.   They have a tenant and are in no rush to develop it or sell.  But if the right offer comes along, one never knows.  

That's true.  The way prices are, I could imagine them entertaining a lot of offers.  I'm hopeful that huge parking lot just across the street to the south is developed first, though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know this won't be a popular comment, but while I like the way this looks from the street level, it really is nothing special from a distance.  From 65 (north and south) you cannot see the curves and it really just looks like a thin rectangle with a massive square on top.  We're all patiently waiting to see if that massive white parking structure will get a little cosmetic loving too.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRaglander said:

I know this won't be a popular comment, but while I like the way this looks from the street level, it really is nothing special from a distance.  From 65 (north and south) you cannot see the curves and it really just looks like a thin rectangle with a massive square on top.  We're all patiently waiting to see if that massive white parking structure will get a little cosmetic loving too.  Fingers crossed.

You won't be able to see it soon anyways. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

From today's Nashville Post:

The SoBro opens as Nashville's tallest rental apartment building

The SoBro — which ranks as Nashville’s tallest rental apartment high-rise at about 345 feet tall — opened Wednesday, according to a release.

Standing 32 stories and including retail space, The SoBro is a joint development venture by Chicago-based Magellan Development and Giarratana Nashville. The building’s 313 apartments range from studios to three bedrooms and offer driftwood plank flooring, concrete ceilings with exposed spiral ductwork, quartz kitchen countertops, and views of downtown Nashville and the Cumberland River.

The LEED-certified building won the Downtown Partnership’s 2016 LIVE Award in September.

Philadelphia-based City Tap House is planning to open in early 2017.

Magellan is serving as the market and leasing manager.

“Although we are newcomers to the Nashville community, we are proud to be part of the city’s evolution,” said Cory Owak, Magellan’s property manager at The SoBro. “We’ve been working closely with downtown employers to better understand their needs and the needs of Nashvillians.”

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...