The SoBro | 32 stories 345 ft | 3rd & Demonbreun

smeagolsfree

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Good news. Noticed the Tennessean published both renderings in the print edition however.

Edited by 5th & Main Urbanite

I bet the real issue is getting financing for a condo tower instead of apartments. I bet he does condos and radically changes the design since he cannot get the yellow brick building. He does not have the basement lot either which runs off the southern portion of his large lot behind the restaurant building, but he does have the strip fronting 3rd Avenue.

My mistake. He does have the basement behind the listening room, but not their parking lot.

As far as a condo tower goes, and this is my guess, is that Tony is planning another condo tower close by. He is already doing a hotel at the 8th and Demonbreun site, so that opens up the lot next to the Encore for a new tower. He had originally planned another tower there, at least I think so, that would have been Encore II. There is a HUGE demand for high-rise condos downtown. Just wait and be patient. There are a lot of folks looking at Nashville, which means there are lots of opportunities for development partners.

Neo's server is probably about to crash. He needs to check his hard drives, his RAM, and possibly his network connection if he hosts this site himself. If not, he needs to contact his off site cloud service to see what is up.

As far as a condo tower goes, and this is my guess, is that Tony is planning another condo tower close by. He is already doing a hotel at the 8th and Demonbreun site, so that opens up the lot next to the Encore for a new tower. He had originally planned another tower there, at least I think so, that would have been Encore II. There is a HUGE demand for high-rise condos downtown. Just wait and be patient. There are a lot of folks looking at Nashville, which means there are lots of opportunities for development partners.

Keep in mind Ron, he does not have the coin shop building, so his designs for another condo tower, or hotel on that lot are limited.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Of note, the site did have a Metro codes sign on site discussing a storm water variance for being within the floodplain. While not the most significant thing, it shows that it's in motion behind the scenes. After the May 2010 flood, I know Metro is being much most stringent and careful about anything planned within the city's floodplains.

• 4 weeks later...

While driving down Peachtree Street in Atlanta Saturday morning, I noticed that this building (1010 Peachtree) had a striking resemblance to the most recent renderings for the proposed SoBro Apartment Building. It is listed as 35 stories and 407' tall.

1010peachtree_zps9e4c9c7c.png

It should make a significant impact on the SoBro neighborhood.

This was designed by Rule Joy Trammell + Rubio who is designing the Music Row Roundabout 16 Story Apartments.

Edited by PHofKS
  • Like 2

This is probably a repost of an old NBJ article from July of this year (I was travelling overseas then).. but it says Giarratana has backers for Sobro.  I just don't recall seeing this. http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/morning_call/2013/07/giarratana-lands-partners-for-32-story.html

John (L&C Admirer) over at Skyscrapercity knows Mr. Giarratana, and John says this will break ground before the end of the year. 

Edited by MLBrumby