The SoBro | 32 stories 345 ft | 3rd & Demonbreun

smeagolsfree

• 4 weeks later...

It seems like in that TN? article it was undergoing some redesign and a few other minor things to get in order.  I wonder if Hensler converting his tower to condos has helped or hurt.  Will TG keep these as apartments, convert to condos, or have both?

From the article: well if I can find it now.

I think SoBro will continue on as apartments and Tony will do a condo tower as well.

The apartment boom will continue as was stated in the below article as there are 80 people a day moving to Nashville.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2013/12/23/nashville_area_development_momentum_braced_to_continue_in_2014

• Like 1

I think SoBro will continue on as apartments and Tony will do a condo tower as well.

The apartment boom will continue as was stated in the below article as there are 80 people a day moving to Nashville.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2013/12/23/nashville_area_development_momentum_braced_to_continue_in_2014

I wonder if the person quoted as saying '80 people per day are moving to Nashville' has misconstrued the statistic.

From 2011-2012, our net migration (both international and domestic) was 18,663, or 51 per day. Presumably, that would be the number needing new housing. 

Total growth, including natural increase (9,530), was 28,345, which is roughly 77 per day (closer to the quoted 80)...so I think the person quoted mistook the total growth number as the total number of people moving here. Natural increase is births offsetting deaths, so it's harder to calculate the housing need (deaths presumably reduce the housing need while births won't affect them until the children are grown).

The only way that statistic is correct is if 80 people are moving here per day, but 30 are also moving away (which is plausible)...but if that is the case, the net is still 50, so that would be the important stat in terms of housing need.

Sorry to go off on that, but it's those little statistical anomalies that bug me.

In any case, the apartment boom will continue, as you said. Apartments are quicker to build than homes (in terms of mass numbers), and we are still a bit low in inventory for both single family and multifamily. I think there will be a point where we catch up...but I'm not sure when that will be. But that will be a good thing, because it should mean a slight drop in rent, or at least stop these crazy increases.

• Like 1

HMMMM, December, January, now late February early March? Wake me up when the waiting is over....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The article stated that they're having some issues getting full approval from the department of planning and development or whatever its referred to as in Nashville. I've spent time in and around city government. We drag ass and work can't start until we give the final go ahead. 

Edited by arkitekte

If they're down to negotiating details of the garage facade with MDHA, that's very encouraging.   

I realize the final renderings may change again, but have we ever figured out exactly how the SoBro will sit on the portion of the property that Tony owns?     The article says it will be bordered by Demonbreun, 2nd and 3rd, but as we know Tony/Premier doesn't have the whole block.   The Listening Room and their parking lot (owned by CB Ragland) sits on the corner of 2nd/Malloy and the Diner building is (supposedly) going to remain at the corner of Demonbreun/3rd.   I'm having a hard time visualizing the building in the renderings on this site.    

For example, which face are we looking at in this angle?

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-27%20at%202.07.5

I could be wrong, but I believe the small grey block in the lower right corner is the diner building.  That would make sense, since the west facade of the parking structure mentioned earlier faces 3rd Avenue, which would be off the right side of this image.

Oh, I didn't realize that was the diner building in the lower right.   That makes sense.