Augusta Road

vicupstate

• 4 weeks later...

And here we go: http://greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2015/FEBRUARY/PlanningCommission/02-19-2015/Z-05-2015-LewisPlaza.pdf last time I was in Lewis Plaza a few weeks ago it looked run down and boring with several empty tenant spots. This new development will help bring that shopping center back to life.

Edited by gman430

And here we go: http://greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2015/FEBRUARY/PlanningCommission/02-19-2015/Z-05-2015-LewisPlaza.pdf last time I was in Lewis Plaza a few weeks ago it looked run down and boring with several empty tenant spots. This new development will help bring that shopping center back to life.

Empty tenant spots... Because they stopped renewing leases. It's a shame that they are cutting off Lewis Drive. I will be happy to have another grocery option, but I'm not necessarily convinced that this is the BEST they could do...

This doesn't necessarily bother me, but I feel that a lot of opportunities on Augusta Rd have been wasted (the community bank and CVS location top the list). In my opinion there should have been more smaller scale mixed use development along this stretch of Augusta Rd. to create a neighborhood downtown feel, much like Dilworth or similar areas around Charlotte.

I agree the buildings could be pulled up toward the road and hide more of the parking in the back, similar to McBee Station. The current big box store in the back of the site with a sea of parking in front doesn't fit the character the city should be pushing for on Augusta St.  If you don't like the proposed layout, come out to the planning commission meeting and say something.  It doesn't do much use to gripe about it on here, and then do nothing to seek for some positive changes.  When I attend commission meetings, I am frequently the only one standing up to say something.

• Like 1

I agree the buildings could be pulled up toward the road and hide more of the parking in the back, similar to McBee Station. The current big box store in the back of the site with a sea of parking in front doesn't fit the character the city should be pushing for on Augusta St. If you don't like the proposed layout, come out to the planning commission meeting and say something. It doesn't do much use to gripe about it on here, and then do nothing to seek for some positive changes. When I attend commission meetings, I am frequently the only one standing up to say something.

I absolutely agree. Its amazing how much griping you hear behind the scenes. But I'm like you, when its time for questions I have a hundred of them. Being the catalyst for others. And trust me I don't mind being the trouble maker sometimes.

Edited by MAJIKMAN
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

does anyone know if something is going to happen to the strip mall containing Moe's, Verizon, and the dry cleaners at the intersection of Faris and Augusta Rd.?  There is a voluntary cleanup sign posted on the corner.

Word on the street is some sort of mixed use development. Stores on the bottom, condos up top. 

• 3 weeks later...

I saw survey stakes at Arthur State Bank on Augusta Rd.   Any ideas?  Also, I heard that the Fire Station on Augusta Rd / Faris will also be closing, but I don't remember hearing anything about a new station being built or budgeted for....

I think they lease at that location and it has just been sold to a different investor, nothing exciting as far as I know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...