Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smeagolsfree

NOTE 16 Apartments | Music Row Area | UNDER CONSTRUCTION

24 posts in this topic

Figured I would get the rendering on the page before the Tennessean article dissapears.

16thHorton.jpg

Demo permit issued yesterday for the old 2 story at this site. They seem to be moving forward with this project. There will be another one not too far away from here announced soon, but a very small project.

Yes this project's developers obviously have substantial financial backing. Financing always determines the fate of these projects. Its why you have to take Tony G's projects with a grain of salt. He doesnt appear to have the substantial financial backing that he once had from Novare.

Edited by samsonh

I know Tony has a large development partner for the Park25 project that is out of Atlanta. I don’t know about the one in Sobro. I know we will have to let the dust settle and see what emerges as far as all of these announced projects. I did talk to someone in the industry this past weekend and he said that we could absorb all of the 3200 announced units in 2 years without a problem he didn’t think. He was getting 4 calls a day for rentals and he does not even do rentals.

Many folks would leave Franklin and Brentwood to be in the core. Espcially the young hipsters with good paying jobs

and demo has happened already. This structure will go up quite quickly once they begin I believe. This is smart money that wants a return, they don't seem to screw around

I think the real winners will be the projects that can get going first. It will take a couple of years or maybe three for all of the announced units to come online.

Building permit issued for this property yesterday for foundation work. So add this one to the running total of under construction apartments. There is at least one more small project that is yet to be announced that I know of close to this location.

Surprisingly deep hole on this project, and each time I drive by it seems they are digging even deeper. I would imagine concrete would begin being poured in the next few weeks, or they will go to the center of the earth. One or the other.

BTW, a crane base has been up here for a week or so now.

Of "note" (bad pun intended), the Note 16 architect is also handling design work for Pine Street Flats (should look cool) and West End Village (a bit understated an exterior design for my preference).

WW

All the projects now are rentals/apartments it seems. Do you all think the owners are doing apartments just because that's the only way to get financing but really "secretly" plan to turn them into condos down the road? Just a wild theory.

^I can't speak for new developments, but for rehabs and redevelopments of historic properties, to secure tax breaks, they must be developed as rentals. When that 7 year period is over, many are switched to condos.

Currently working on the 2nd floor as of yesterday. Coming along nicely.

I walk by Note16 regularly. It looks as if it were topped out in the last few days, and they're now working on the roof features. I drove by early this morning and noticed they had a temporary crain in addition to the long-term one they already had. The fog made for a pretty cool picture, so I snapped one......and it ends up that I cut off the top portion of the picture, so you can't see top of the crain almost completely obscured by the fog. Oh well, at least you can see all of the building.

1C3C2AD7-74D5-4975-82FC-EA6ECE9A2896-2714-000001A26D90DD6C.jpg

2 people like this

I walk by Note16 regularly. It looks as if it were topped out in the last few days, and they're now working on the roof features. I drove by early this morning and noticed they had a temporary crain in addition to the long-term one they already had. The fog made for a pretty cool picture, so I snapped one......and it ends up that I cut off the top portion of the picture, so you can't see top of the crain almost completely obscured by the fog. Oh well, at least you can see all of the building.

1C3C2AD7-74D5-4975-82FC-EA6ECE9A2896-2714-000001A26D90DD6C.jpg

Hey_Hey, are you in the neighborhood? I live two blocks from here! Shout out to edgehill.

I'm surprised at how tall note16 has turned out to be. I like it, but I wouldn't have guessed it would be so tall from the renderings. This may have been covered already, but does anybody know if there are plans for retail on the first floor?