The skating rink in Bushnell Park

beerbeer

Drove by on Monday or Tuesday night, in town on business, and the place was packed. Over all, it creates a very nice impression, it's really well lit and feels very active. One thing, I understand they enlarged it but it still looked pretty small to me.

Anyone been down there? What's the experience like? Is there a hot chocolate stand or something?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drove by on Monday or Tuesday night, in town on business, and the place was packed. Over all, it creates a very nice impression, it's really well lit and feels very active. One thing, I understand they enlarged it but it still looked pretty small to me.

Anyone been down there? What's the experience like? Is there a hot chocolate stand or something?

Haven't been down yet this year but took my daughter last year and plan to go soon so I'll let you know once I get a chance.

it is still pretty small from what I can see. I hd a great vantage point from the 23rd flor of the gold building.

its square, and id say maybe half the size of a proper rink, so there is still room for improvement, and that suits me just fine. it seems to me that the city has been smart about this and letting it grow into itself.

the rink also makes downtown quite a but busier down that side of Trumbull street in the evenings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, with IQUILT, one of the early steps apparently to build a permanent ice rink and move the carasel down over by the pump house. I guess with federal funding and all, this is a pretty doable thing, and I gotta say it would be a great asset to the city. Im imadgining the permanent rink structure would be convertable to misters for summer or a fountain. I have seen quite a few of these set ups and they are VERY nice and function most of the year bringing people together from all walks of life.

I wanted to add that I didnt see any kind of food vendors down there, just a guy selling hats and stuff.

Archived