Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Great minds, my friend...I had that very same thought right after I posted it, and edited my above post accordingly.  Although I couldn't find an overall number for the core of the city, the second link I posted does break it down by neighborhood.

My address out here in Antioch got a paltry "18" walk score and bike score of "16." However, with no sidewalks and a very busy street that is an emergency route (with frequent police/fire and ambulance travel), you take your life into your hands. I went through the different neighborhoods, but mine was not amongst the nearly 160 listed.

• Like 1

Rumours and hearsay.....  Yates Construction has been named for 2 projects.  Virgin Hotel and Hyatt Regency Hotel (16 stories).  Also, the owners of Crazytown bar plan to develop the Big Machine Records building on 3rd across from where Hats and Boots now stands. Hats and Boots will be transformed into an Elvis Museum. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, FrankNash said:

Rumours and hearsay.....  Yates Construction has been named for 2 projects.  Virgin Hotel and Hyatt Regency Hotel (16 stories).  Also, the owners of Crazytown bar plan to develop the Big Machine Records building on 3rd across from where Hats and Boots now stands. Hats and Boots will be transformed into an Elvis Museum. 

I thought Hyatt Regency was the hotel signed for the Lifeway Property project that was really tall and facing Broadway...err...maybe they haven't even signed a hotel yet...err...what the hell am I thinking of...I'm confused.  :tw_expressionless:

1 minute ago, BnaBreaker said:

I thought Hyatt Regency was the hotel signed for the Lifeway Property project that was really tall and facing Broadway...err...maybe they haven't even signed a hotel yet...err...what the hell am I thinking of...I'm confused.  :tw_expressionless:

yea i thought the regency was gonna be the ~35 story project in lifeway???

49 minutes ago, FrankNash said:

Yes...please tell me the Hyatt info on height is wrong!!

Okay, I just want to make sure that I'm thinking of the right proposal here.  Is this supposed 16 story Hyatt the same project as discussed in this link and seen in the upper left side of the rendering below??

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2016/08/31/huge-hyatt-hotel-emerges-as-first-piece-of-lifeway.html

Lifeway%20Campus_zpsrgv0oncv.jpg

Edited by BnaBreaker

With 540 rooms (and 60,000 sq ft of meeting space), 16 stories would def insure that this has a very large footprint.  I was hoping it'd be at least 20 floors, if not closer to 30, at least we know it'll be dense.  Oh, and hopefully this means the Virgin will be moving forward soon too.  Now need to see some good renderings of both projects.

• Like 2

Would be difficult to fit 540 usually-large Hyatt Regency rooms within 16 floors if the footprint is the lot of the former LifeWay Bookstore.  I think it would probably need to be more in the 20-24 story range. 

Also, that aerial rendering was purely hypothetical when Southwest Ventures was first coming up with concepts for the LifeWay property.  Shouldn't be looked at as a firm design.

• Like 1

Of interest to those of us in the entertainment area of Nashville's growth. CAA is one of the biggest booking/management firms in the world, and their presence in Nashville has grown greatly in the past 25 years...and not just with country music.  John Huie is a good buddy of mine, and am proud of what he's accomplished since helping found the Nashville branch back in '91. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/10/15/titans-talent-top-agents-talk-evolution-music-city/91944238/

• Like 2

23 hours ago, markhollin said:

Of interest to those of us in the entertainment area of Nashville's growth. CAA is one of the biggest booking/management firms in the world, and their presence in Nashville has grown greatly in the past 25 years...and not just with country music.  John Huie is a good buddy of mine, and am proud of what he's accomplished since helping found the Nashville branch back in '91. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/10/15/titans-talent-top-agents-talk-evolution-music-city/91944238/

I read that yesterday. It is a good tell on how Nashville went from a quirky little country music town to a major force in the Music business if not 'the force'. It is interesting how they expect TV and Movie development to soon follow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nashtitans said:

You're surprised? There's barely any construction happening there. One Beale hasn't even started yet.

I doubt it ever will. OB developers have been teasing and dragging us along for over a decade now. I've given up hope.

I'm not necessarily surprised, but there is stuff happening -- a lot of adaptive reuse and residential. There's enough to merit a new "crane watch" map: http://commadv.com/memphis-development-map

That office list is really interesting. Awesome to see us that high and we've still got a lot more in the pipeline that will hopefully start in the next year.  What shocks me is that some cities going through their own 'booms', like San Antonio and Orlando, hardly have any office under construction right now.  Orlando has almost nothing.  Weird.