Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

On 2/12/2017 at 9:31 AM, MLBrumby said:

Thought this was fun and putting it out there because commercials don't have long runs anymore.  Was watching basketball games on TV yesterday and saw several times on at least three different channels a national corporate Toyota commercial made in Nashville. It's not for local dealerships only or one without people. It's for a Camry and has a mother who gets into her car and has (imaginary) race car suit/helmet and safety harness as she leaves work and heads to a soccer game. She is the coach. It shows her driving up Union Street towards the War Memorial and TPAC building. Then through 12 South and then to a soccer field where her team awaits. I see Houston and LA in these commercials most of the time. Sometimes New Orleans. First one I've seen in Nashville. 

Saw this commercial last night during the Grizzlies game.  Reese Witherspoon's store in 12 South got a nice plug.

Edited by tragenvol
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CenterHill said:

I'll second re Aertson.   Based on the renderings, I was expecting to be disappointed, but the real thing is growing on me. 

I actually like the Ascend design, and like going to shows there even more. 

I would have given The Chelsea on 12S a big ol' Onion.   

I second each of these comments. Aertson is a rare gem among many recent mid-town blunders. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, ZestyEd said:

Well, I guess there is some validity to AIG interests as the previous CEO stated "He's warned employees against buying New York-area homes as he mulls shifting jobs to less expensive locations".  

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20130802/REAL_ESTATE/130809972/aig-to-move-headquarters-to-water-street

Thanks for sharing. I would expect Houston to be atop their list of potential locations as their largest subsidiary American General Life is HQ'd there but I'm sure Nashville would be considered as well.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Behind paywall...but it looks like it's Asurion (if you read under the image on the site)

Sources said the company is seeking about 300,000 square feet. The company could attain a more visible profile in the market if it decides to use the potential new office to move its headquarters downtown.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/02/17/giant-nashville-employer-scouts-for-huge-chunk-of.html

...huh...

News to me! :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Since Raglander works at Asurion, maybe it's Ingram Industries, Ryman or Gibson. Or one of the law firms. Just pure speculation.

Could also be one of the larger healthcare firms, like Ardent, but doubtful as they like lower profile suburban settings. 

I am trying to find the right contact to ask about it.  The thing is, much of our corporate HQ in the Grassland area is also a call center and I am not sure call centers and "downtowns" mix so well.  They usually do better in the suburbs.  (Antioch, Wilson Country, Cool Springs)  While it is entirely possible, I don't think it's us.

• Like 2

Could be Premise Health. They are growing rapidly and are already out of space in their current HQ in Maryland Farms after recently expanding. They also have offices in Franklin. They are one of our clients and there was discussion last year about consolidating offices.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Asurion...

Nashville-based mobile insurance provider Asurion is looking for 300,000 square feet of office space, Nashville Business Journal reports.

The company, one of Middle Tennessee’s largest, is headquarter in Grassmere and has ancillary offices in Antioch, Smyrna and SoBro.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20852613/report-asurion-seeks-300000-feet-of-office-space

Maybe this could be the catalyst to get a redesign and bigger building at the Trolley Barns site with Eakin?

Assuming the building was constructed with 300,000 sq ft, and above ground parking and retail, about how tall would that be?