Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

15 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Considering that banks are the most likely to put up taller towers than just about any other type of company, that's a good bet. I'd guess in about five years, they could be pushing $30-$35B in assets.  That's getting into a decent regional size bank. I understand their current tower is fully booked. 

I was looking out the windows at The Cumberland when I noticed how many downtown towers had bank names on them... First Tennessee tower, Fifth /Third, Bank of America, Sun Trust, Regions, UBS, Pinnacle.... It's only a matter of time time until another joins them.

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 5:09 PM, titanhog said:

Is Pinnacle Bank our best bet for a future new-tallest skyscraper?  With their explosive growth, do they one day outgrow the Pinnacle tower and build their own eye-catching tower and stamp it as Nashville's iconic structure?

I've wondered about this as well.  If they keep booming and expanding regionally like they are now, I could see them potentially leaving their current digs and wanting to spearhead a new huge tower somewhere downtown maybe 8-10 years from now.  As of right now, that seems like it might be our best bet for an 800+ foot tower in the next 15 years.  Still quite a ways off though I would reckon.

On 3/9/2017 at 5:09 PM, titanhog said:

Is Pinnacle Bank our best bet for a future new-tallest skyscraper?  With their explosive growth, do they one day outgrow the Pinnacle tower and build their own eye-catching tower and stamp it as Nashville's iconic structure?

On 3/9/2017 at 5:14 PM, MLBrumby said:

Considering that banks are the most likely to put up taller towers than just about any other type of company, that's a good bet. I'd guess in about five years, they could be pushing $30-$35B in assets.  That's getting into a decent regional size bank. I understand their current tower is fully booked. 

5 hours ago, bmkTN said:

I've wondered about this as well.  If they keep booming and expanding regionally like they are now, I could see them potentially leaving their current digs and wanting to spearhead a new huge tower somewhere downtown maybe 8-10 years from now.  As of right now, that seems like it might be our best bet for an 800+ foot tower in the next 15 years.  Still quite a ways off though I would reckon.

All,

Please remember that the current "Pinnacle" tower was built by Bass, Berry & Sims for Bass Berry & Sims. Pinnacle leases the naming rights, the lobby (as a bank branch), and about 10 floors in that building.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LA_TN said:

All,

Please remember that the current "Pinnacle" tower was built by Bass, Berry & Sims for Bass Berry & Sims. Pinnacle leases the naming rights, the lobby (as a bank branch), and about 10 floors in that building.

Well darn!  I figured they took up way more than that.  Bummer.

10 hours ago, LA_TN said:

All,

Thanks Bob,

I was wondering when someone was going to bring that to everyone's attention. One of these companies, BB&S or Pinnacle could outgrow space in the building. One scenario is this and that is at some point one of them opens more offices in an adjacent building until their lease is up, but at this point I do not think either is looking for space. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LA_TN said:

All,

That's exactly why I would think they will very possibly outgrow their space in the next decade and start looking for a new home.  But I might be way off.

Edited by bmkTN

44 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Where are they getting those numbers?

http://www.tnecd.com/files/412/2016-certified-population-report_06-27-2016.pdf

The 2010 Census population for Davidson County is given correctly at the end of the report, and all the satellite cities' 2010 populations are correct as well. Nashville-balance in 2010 was 626,681.

So what's worse? TNECD being off by 200,000, or the NBJ repeating the error?

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Nashtitans said:

Aren't new population estimates coming out soon?

I believe we should have them by the end of the month.  At least I think the 2015 estimates were released the end of March 2016, so I assume the 2016 estimates will be released the end of March 2017.  This should be quite momentous, too, as it should show that Nashville has surpassed Memphis to be the state's largest municipality.

• Like 4