Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

6 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

Awesome!  I remember going to Knights games as a kid.  First Preds game in 2000.  Cellblock 303 is one of the many reasons that the Preds are where they are today.

Go Preds!

There is another member of the forum in CB 303 and that is Bryan, who is one person over from Mark.

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

PREDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, markhollin said:

With the Predators' dramatic come-from-behind victory over the Mighty Sucks 2-1 in Smashville last night they become the first team in two decades to have won 10 straight playoff games at home (streak started last year). The Quarrytorium is definitely a home ice advantage if there ever was one. A sound technician said the crowd level was 126.4 decibels in the third period, which is a new record in the building. Keep it going, boys....and keep it coming strong, Pred Nation. Rinse and repeat again Thursday.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1302424

I was there as well.     Great game and unbelievable atmosphere!    

• Like 2

Playing devil's advocate... where would a Titan's and/or Predator's championship party be held, in your opinions?  Ascend?  Walk of Fame Park?  1st Ave by the river?  I was thinking about this on the way to work this morning still hung over from the game last night.  Parade down Broadway and ends up...  ???

(It's ok.  I got clearance from the hockey gods to ask this question.  There is no jinx)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

Playing devil's advocate... where would a Titan's and/or Predator's championship party be held, in your opinions?  Ascend?  Walk of Fame Park?  1st Ave by the river?  I was thinking about this on the way to work this morning still hung over from the game last night.  Parade down Broadway and ends up...  ???

(It's ok.  I got clearance from the hockey gods to ask this question.  There is no jinx)

I would start it on 2nd Ave at union and head toward broadway.  They would then turn on Broadway and head toward Bridgestone Arena. Then turn on 5th Ave to end at the Walk of Fame park for a party.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hey_Hey said:

I would start it on 2nd Ave at union and head toward broadway.  They would then turn on Broadway and head toward Bridgestone Arena. Then turn on 5th Ave to end at the Walk of Fame park for a party.

Walk of fame park would not be big enough to hold 100,000 people.  Gotta end up somewhere with more space, IMO.

2 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Walk of fame park would not be big enough to hold 100,000 people.  Gotta end up somewhere with more space, IMO.

You think 100,000 would show?  That would be amazing.  Being from Detroit they had quite a few at their Cup parades and parties.  I wonder what holds more capacity?  Riverfront, HoF park or Ascend.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

You think 100,000 would show?  That would be amazing.  Being from Detroit they had quite a few at their Cup parades and parties.  I wonder what holds more capacity?  Riverfront, HoF park or Ascend.

Being our first championship ever, I bet it would be close to that.  I love that Walk of Fame area...but I really think we may need a bigger space.  Sadly...the only space for sure big enough would be across the river near Nissan Stadium.

Nissan Stadium and Bridgestone Arena will need $477 Million in improvements over the next 20 years, based on this report.  I'm assuming they'll definitely make improvements to Bridgestone since it seems to be holding up and still appears to be "newish" in many ways.  But...what's the tipping point with Nissan Stadium when it comes to making improvements VS. building a new stadium?

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2017/05/18/nashvilles-nissan-stadium-bridgestone-arena-need-477m-upgrades-new-reports-say/101829430/

• Like 1