Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

I'm relatively new to the home buying and apartment/condo building world (my wife and I are expecting our first child this December and are trying to buy a home this fall), so forgive me for asking: why would a developer choose to build rental apartments vs condos that are for sale, or vice versa?

Right now it is easier to get financing for apartment complexes than for condos. You have to sell usually a percentage before you break ground and even if you can get construction financing for the whole complex you usually have to build the whole building regardless of how many you sell. This is riskier than just building a whole complex of rental apartments Condos and for sale townhomes are coming back but more slowly than growth of strictly rental complexes. 

• Like 4

Just want to put in a plug for the Grand Ole Opry. I haven't been in about 5 years but went tonight with family from out of town. It was awesome. It really is a priceless asset for Nashville. If you haven't been in a long time - go to a show.

• Like 4

From The Tennessean:

Real estate industry veteran Lee Zoller has launched a company called Division Street Development in partnership with commercial real estate firm Avison Young's local office.

The Nashville-based development services firm will focus on suburban and urban office, industrial and small mixed-use projects in Nashville and elsewhere in Middle Tennessee.

Division Street Development will develop projects in the $2 million to $35 million range, including through new construction and repositioning or repurposing of existing assets.

Zoller said he already has a pair of infill office projects in the predevelopment stage.

Zoller has 26 years of commercial real estate experience, which includes most recently serving as president of Gallatin-based Green & Little LP. Before that, he held various roles such as partner with Panattoni Development Co.'s national build-to-suit group. 

• Like 1

Hey, Stephen. How is fatherhood treating you? I am sure you are loving every second!

All good here, just a lot of traveling with the boys....senior and freshman this year.

i should be in Nashville for the next meet and will try to join.

4 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

Hey, Stephen. How is fatherhood treating you? I am sure you are loving every second!

All good here, just a lot of traveling with the boys....senior and freshman this year.

i should be in Nashville for the next meet and will try to join.

Excellent, hope to see you there Todd.  Fatherhood is even greater than I anticipated.  Truly amazing!

1 hour ago, SoundScan said:

Wouldn't this be well in excess of the maximum room rate that all hotels are mandated to post in all rooms? Are those regulations even enforced?

My question is why would anyone be willing to spend that kind of money to see an eclipse?  If there are people crazy enough to spend $800+ on a hotel room for an event like that...then by all means, let the hotel owners pick those people's pockets.

3 hours ago, ruraljuror said:

Whether or not it's worth $800 dollars a night for the tourists (or significantly more given that we're talking about a Knight's INN in Lebanon) is relative, both in terms of how valuable $800 is to an individual and how important the experience is to them. 

If someone's wiling to spend $800 on a hotel room for anything...I am definitely glad it's happening in Nashville.  More local $.

• Like 3

From Nashville Post:

Colliers report: Nashville among nation’s ‘most active’ in multi-family sector

Colliers International | Nashville has released its quarterly reports detailing the city’s commercial real estate health, with the multi-family overview noting the city is among the nation’s ‘most active’ in that sector.

From the report:

Nashville’s development pipeline remains among the nation’s most active at mid-year 2017. Annual supply volumes ranged between 6,600 units to 7,600 units in each of the past three quarters. Nashville posted net annual supply of 7,545 units in 2Q 2017, which increased inventory by 5.8% since 1Q 2017. Permits for 4,897 multifamily units were issued in the 12 months ending February 2017, down 1,498 units from prior year’s sum. Permits for 3,621 multifamily units were issued in the 12 months ending in May 2017, down 2,774 units from the prior year’s sum.
Nashville’s multifamily market is absorbing 3,800 units to 5,700 units annually. The market absorbed 5,113 units in the year ending 2Q 2017. Apartment demand has remained robust, and job growth in the Nashville MSA was 4.0% in May 2017, reflecting 37,500 jobs added over the last 12 months. Axiometrics forecasts Nashville’s 2018 job growth to be 2.2%, equivalent to 21,360 added jobs.

• Like 1

Back to the eclipse, 

7 Rooftop Bars for Viewing Total Solar Eclipse

http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/us-rooftop-bars-solar-eclipse/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool

CNN's pick for Nashville?     The rooftop of the George Jones Museum (for a mere $200 per person).      Really?    Not the Thompson?   Westin?    Acme?    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CenterHill said:

Back to the eclipse, 

7 Rooftop Bars for Viewing Total Solar Eclipse

http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/us-rooftop-bars-solar-eclipse/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool

CNN's pick for Nashville?     The rooftop of the George Jones Museum (for a mere $200 per person).      Really?    Not the Thompson?   Westin?    Acme?    

Who would pay that when standing on the sidewalk is free?  Do people think that being thirty feet closer to an object that is 490,800,0000,000 feet away will improve their view of it? (actual figure btw...give or take a few million...I did the math... kinda haha)  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

Who would pay that when standing on the sidewalk is free?  Do people think that being thirty feet closer to an object that is 490,800,0000,000 feet away will improve their view of it? (actual figure btw...give or take a few million...I did the math... kinda haha)  

Lol.   This is betting that there is a subset of people who are less interested in the actual astronomical event and more interested in being at a bar drinking their way through it.   Your 200 gets you a t shirt to remember it by, even if you don't remember much about the eclipse itself.      

• Like 1

Has anyone heard if the proposed fountains for Musica have been canceled? The reason I ask is because NC5_SKY5HD posted some arial pics today Facebook, and one was above  Musica. I asked about the fountains and someone from NC5_SKY5HD said they were "cut". Can anyone verify this? I do know there were supposed to be fountains in the beginning and those were cut.  I'm hoping that's what they are talking about. 

IMG_1602.PNG