Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

13 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

Really, you don't think it's the ones that moved in post flood?

I will say, I have seen a major influx of high end luxury cars on the East Side the last few days.  A little disconcerting, IMO.

it really started post tornado, then got worse post flood

Couple of notes from today's Nashville Post:

Area sees continuing home sales, prices increases

RE/MAX Tennessee has released its latest Housing Report for the Greater Nashville Area, with the figures showing home prices are up 12.6 percent over the corresponding number from 2016.

In addition, home sales increased 3.4 percent from year to year.

Within the coverage area, Nashville saw the largest increase in home prices at 16.2 percent. The current median home sale price in Nashville is $346,785, up from the $298,450 the mark of one year ago.

Nashville offers nation’s lowest medical office space vacancy

Here is a tidbit of note, though it’s not surprising: According to the Atlanta office of CBRE, Nashville currently has the tightest medical office vacancy rate in the country at 2.8 percent. The number reflects the metro area’s “vibrant health care sector and robust population growth,” CBRE says.

• Like 3

A lot of them are leaving that state b/c they are fiscally responsible. There are three families who recently moved to my neighborhood and they're all conservative Catholic families. They enjoyed living in the big city, but realized it was a terrible place to raise children.  The state is a fiscal mess, cost of living is high, and the quality of schools has declined since they were students in the same school systems. All of them are upper income professional families, and they're in TN to stay.  

I really like Chicago. Just took my boys there last spring. It's just sad to hear the people who were raised there lament its decline. It's not in a spiral yet! But they better turn things around fast. Maybe if they get the Amazon HQ, that will be a shot in the arm.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

A lot of them are leaving that state b/c they are fiscally responsible. There are three families who recently moved to my neighborhood and they're all conservative Catholic families. They enjoyed living in the big city, but realized it was a terrible place to raise children.  The state is a fiscal mess, cost of living is high, and the quality of schools has declined since they were students in the same school systems. All of them are upper income professional families, and they're in TN to stay.  

I really like Chicago. Just took my boys there last spring. It's just sad to hear the people who were raised there lament its decline. It's not in a spiral yet! But they better turn things around fast. Maybe if they get the Amazon HQ, that will be a shot in the arm.

Well good, I welcome those folks to our town! I'm happy that they want to move here. Chicago is a wonderful place, but I just hope that they don't vote for the same idiotic promises that have messed up that state's budget so bad. I'm probably just being dramatic, though. We don't have the insane pension liabilities and stagnant population that Illinois does. And I highly doubt amazon chooses Chicago, with the recent personal and corporate tax raises there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From today's Nashville Post:

Tracking a summer’s worth of moves by the owners of new apartment buildings

Spurred by a seemingly never-ending stream of new arrivals, apartment developers are still active all over Nashville as we begin to think about 2018. And yes, most of those projects are still at a price point that is beyond a large number of residents. At the end of May, we assembled a basket of properties either just completed or under construction to gain a deeper understanding of their price dynamics, which might then also give us a better idea about the strength of demand for them.

The short story: Yes, there’s still plenty of demand and prices are on the whole still rising. Here are some snippets from our research:

• At the beginning of June, our database contained both the rental rates and square footage for 42 types of units. At those places — which ranged in size from 399 square feet to 2,583 square feet — renters were paying an average of $2.20 per square foot.

• By the end of July, eight types of units had been leased up. The remaining 34 were commanding average per-square-foot rents of $2.23, an increase of 1.4 percent from the mark of two months prior.

• Seventeen unit types in our universe finished July sporting higher asking rents than they had June 1. Conversely, eight were cheaper.

• The biggest dollar rise came at Aertson Midtown, where a 704-square-foot cost $1,783 in late July, up $260 from June 1. That also was the largest jump in terms of percentages; the only other properties posting gains of more than 5 percent were The Monroe and Peyton Stakes, both in Germantown. Crescent Music Row’s smallest units — 523 square feet each — were fetching 4.6 percent more by late summer.

• On the flip side, the 1,463-square-foot top-end unit at Peyton Stakes saw the biggest dollar and percentage decrease during the summer, going from $3,468 per month to $3,200, a 7.7 percent drop.

• Three other types of units fell at least 4 percent in price: A 981-square-foot apartment in Broadstone Germantown posted a 4.5 percentage point drop, which is a bit smaller than the 4.6 percent for a 778-square-foot unit in Accent Bellevue and a 585-square-foot place in SkyHouse.

• Nine developments offered incentives at the end of July. The standard was two months of free rent; only Peyton Stakes offered one month.

• Two of the properties we tracked bumped up their incentives in June. Octave on Eighth Avenue South went from six weeks of free rent to two months while Broadstone Germantown went from one month of free rent to two.

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 9.40.50 AM.png

• Like 1

Ha awesome! I am assuming you went in to try it out?

So after some google searching, there is another place called Tennessee-Paris that is not far from this café that is a jazz bar. I looked at some pictures on google maps and it looks really cool. Hard to tell from one of the pics, but it appeared to have photos of TN in it.

Edited by bigeasy