Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

A bit more news fromNBJ on the possible AllianceBernstein move to Nashville from NYC:

"We still don't know where we're going, what parts of the firm would go to the new principal location, or the timing," said CFO John Wesenseel. "We are further along in terms of discussions with different cities, different real estate developers than we were, say, two or three months ago but we still have a lot more work to do."

Weisenseel said his goal is to "wrap this up in the first half of the year." At that time, AllianceBernstein would further discuss the scale of the move and its timeframe, he said.

• Like 3

On 3/13/2018 at 3:54 PM, markhollin said:

Is Nashville’s multifamily market overbuilt? Maybe...but not for long:

http://rebusinessonline.com/is-nashvilles-multifamily-market-overbuilt-maybe-but-not-for-long/

"...with urban deliveries projected to drop off 40 percent in 2018, and 80 percent in 2019, and no slowdown in renter demand on the horizon, the current imbalance is likely to correct itself in relatively short order."

Great! Somebody needs to start targeting 2019 delivery.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, AronG said:

Great! Somebody needs to start targeting 2019 delivery.

Exactly. A pretty encouraging Nashville rental report. I was thinking the market was overbuilt for a much longer time. Endeavor, 5th & Broadway...and some other big projects in the works oughtta be coming online just about right...2020/21.

• Like 4

Good or bad, change is hard.

I sympathize with the plight of many priced-out of homes/neighborhoods due to rising property values. However, I have yet to see a workable 'plan' just platitudes (see my first sentence).
Some property tax abatement for the elderly is already in place. 
Another answer is to vote for politicians who advocate the lowering of property taxes. 
Renters in areas of rapid appreciation are being displaced as rental properties and apartments are moving upscale and raising rents. However, the upside to renting is not having any risk for property depreciation ...see 2008.