Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

I remember a fairly large rally by Coptic Christians from Egypt outside the main library a few years ago to raise awareness about the abuses and hardships faced by that group in Egypt. 

I was there that day, too.    It had the feel of a funeral procession on foot through the streets.     It's an image I don't think I'll ever forget.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

I was there that day, too.    It had the feel of a funeral procession on foot through the streets.     It's an image I don't think I'll ever forget.   

My daughter taught ESL to a Coptic Christian woman a few years ago.  Oh, the stories should could tell...

• Like 2

The metropolitan area housing market is slowing some, but I think this is a temporary lull. The imminent arrival of AllianceBersntein, Amazon, and Ernst Young (among other relocations), is going to spur a fresh uptick in the next few years.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/02/15/nashville-housing-market-slows-cooling-off-what-it-means-real-estate-home-buyer-seller/2836682002/

Housing.png

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, fishsticks176 said:

The ULI Spring Meeting will be here April 16-18.  This event will bring developers with deep pockets to Nashville for the first time.  These people could create and pay for major new developments for us.  Will any of you UPers be at the meetings or following the goings-on?

• Like 3

On 2/19/2019 at 4:28 PM, Mr_Bond said:

The ULI Spring Meeting will be here April 16-18.  This event will bring developers with deep pockets to Nashville for the first time.  These people could create and pay for major new developments for us.  Will any of you UPers be at the meetings or following the goings-on?

I'm sure some of the higher ups at my firm will be attending either the meeting itself or some of the several networking events that will be hosted around the event. Lots of wining and dining. 

FYI, as a result of the spring meeting being hosted here there will be no ULI Awards banquet this year honoring award recipients.

• Like 2

LEAVING POLITICS ASIDE , if this bill passes, what happens next? Can Tennessee state courts ban it? Can the Supreme Court? 

Amazon, AB, etc. will have a serious issue with this passing, and there is no doubt it will have a negative effect fiscally for Tennessee. 

Moderators please watch closely, delete if you want, but if it passes, the topic will have to be discussed. 

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/natural-marriage-bill-could-cost-tennessee-94-million/51-8569cd80-7934-4dc6-8668-5033e5e2f5ed

• Sad 1

1. That sounds irritating.

2. I'm not so sure it's owing to being so nice. I can't tell you how any times I've said "WHY TF IS THIS TAKING SO LONG" in my head and out loud and I don't have a social interaction with someone, lol. So yeah, I agree with the bigger picture of her sentiment.

3. Thiccasee.

• Haha 1