Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

I can't comment on this one much as I know both parties.  I'm staying out of this one.  But if I were Michael, I would distance myself from the projects on Avondale Dr in Lockeland.  Those are the "moat houses."  They are kind of neat houses, actually, but they just don't fit in with Lockeland Springs's context, even given the topographical hindrances on that site.

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 1

Sounds great! We'll have presumably several more hotels online by that time as well.

Come to think of it, maybe that's what they were counting on with the 11,500 number...

The all star game will be February of 2016.  I don't see how any hotel will be ready by then unless ground breaks very soon.  And really, only the Westin has land to build on.  Everyone else is just bidding or making pretty drawings.  

The all star game will be February of 2016.  I don't see how any hotel will be ready by then unless ground breaks very soon.  And really, only the Westin has land to build on.  Everyone else is just bidding or making pretty drawings.  

I believe Turnberry closed on the UMPH site, where they're planning a 450 room hotel. Although, it definitely wouldn't be open by then so it's kind of a moot point. Then there's the 12 story Thompson hotel in the Gulch, where construction is supposed to start eary 2015 and scheduled to be completed summer 2016. Lastly the Virgin hotel. If that starts soon it could possibly be open in time as well. That is a big IF though. 

Speaking of hotels, does anyone know anything about a proposed Canopy by Hilton downtown? They announced new hotels in numerous cities today including downtown Nashville.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/hilton-readies-a-boutique-reboot-1413345542

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102088854

http://www.canopybyhilton.com/

• Like 1

• Canopy Portland {sodEmoji.|} Pearl District
  • Canopy London {sodEmoji.|} Neighborhood to be announced
  • Canopy Miami {sodEmoji.|} Brickell
  • Canopy Washington, D.C. {sodEmoji.|} Bethesda North
  • Canopy San Diego {sodEmoji.|} Gaslamp Quarter
  • Canopy Nashville {sodEmoji.|} Downtown
  • Canopy Savannah {sodEmoji.|} Historic District
  • Canopy Indianapolis {sodEmoji.|} City Centre
  • Canopy Charlotte {sodEmoji.|} Uptown
  • Canopy Oklahoma City {sodEmoji.|} Bricktown
  • Canopy Ithaca {sodEmoji.|} The Commons

this is a list of "it" cities, so where is Austin?

• Canopy Portland {sodEmoji.|} Pearl District
  • Canopy London {sodEmoji.|} Neighborhood to be announced
  • Canopy Miami {sodEmoji.|} Brickell
  • Canopy Washington, D.C. {sodEmoji.|} Bethesda North
  • Canopy San Diego {sodEmoji.|} Gaslamp Quarter
  • Canopy Nashville {sodEmoji.|} Downtown
  • Canopy Savannah {sodEmoji.|} Historic District
  • Canopy Indianapolis {sodEmoji.|} City Centre
  • Canopy Charlotte {sodEmoji.|} Uptown
  • Canopy Oklahoma City {sodEmoji.|} Bricktown
  • Canopy Ithaca {sodEmoji.|} The Commons

this is a list of "it" cities, so where is Austin?

What! No Providence?... :lol:

• Like 1

^Hmm, interesting. Canopy seems to have some decent designs too. I wonder if this was one of the national hotel chains bidding on the First Baptist Church property maybe? 

CanopySanDiegGaslightDistrict_FP.jpgcanopy-hilton-exterior.jpg94ccf65c673ccd095c9174f146832dd4.jpeg?ve

Picture one of these on Korean Veterans Blvd across from the Music City Center/Omni.

From the Tennessean:

Although the McLean, Va.-based global hospitality company didn't reveal the potential location for Canopy Nashville Downtown, it listed Atlanta-based North Point Hospitality Group Inc. among the ownership groups from which the brand has already attracted interest.

North Point owns a 1.1-acre site at Fifth Avenue South and Korean Veterans Boulevard near Music City Center where it plans to build a pair of hotels. The company initially said it planned a 14-story, 200-room Residence Inn by Marriott and an 11-story, 150-room SpringHill Suites by Marriott, but it has been mum of late.

• Like 1

For what's its worth, and maybe everyone knows it already (That damn internet sarcasm filter works so well.   :))  but this is nobody's list of "IT" cities.  It's a list of the 11 cities "in vibrant secondary markets" that Hilton is planning on opening one of their new Canopy brand hotels.  I wouldn't call London, Wash.  DC, Miami - and Nashville secondary markets though.  Ithaca and Savannah though, would definitely be obvious secondary markets.

It appears the one in OKC is gonna be 9 stories. I'd be a little disappointed if we didn't get one at least that tall. I also think North Point's site on KVB would be a great spot for one of these. 

http://newsok.com/new-nine-story-boutique-hotel-planned-for-bricktown/article/5356778

Edited by mirydi