Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Here's a pic of MCC I snapped on Friday night (7-6-12). Not the best pic, but it does give an impression of the sheer mass of the building!mcc.JPG

Sorry, I am doing something wrong and have not been able to attach the pic...but there is the oxblue webcam where you can see both the convention center and the omni/country music hall of fame expansion construction as they continue to grow!

http://oxblue.com/open/clarkconstruction/nashvilleconventioncenter

Publix refuses to look at locating in East Nashville. My wife wrote to them and they said they would never consider East Nashville for any reason. I don't know if this is political or not since most Publix stores are suburban areas.

However I was surprised they were so adamant about not even considering it. Kudos to Kroger for their participation in urban areas.

Publix refuses to look at locating in East Nashville. My wife wrote to them and they said they would never consider East Nashville for any reason. I don't know if this is political or not since most Publix stores are suburban areas.

However I was surprised they were so adamant about not even considering it. Kudos to Kroger for their participation in urban areas.

That whole debacle last year or the year before with zoning or whatever it was for the proposed location on Gallatin Pike where Young's Fashions is probably pissed off the development team.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/politics/2010/publix-developer-decides-to-stand-down-after-bumping-into-gallatin-pike-sp-requirements/

Publix does urban store locations in many cities. I've shopped in Publix stores near downtown Tampa, Atlanta and Greenville, SC and they are very busy locations for the chain. My guess is that their studies of the numbers do not make financial sense for East Nashville at this time. There WAS talk of a Publix being included in a development that was proposed for the Music Row Roundabout area.

That whole debacle last year or the year before with zoning or whatever it was for the proposed location on Gallatin Pike where Young's Fashions is probably pissed off the development team.

http://blogs.tenness...p-requirements/

WOW, I was unaware of the situation covered in this article! Looks like East Nashville would, indeed, have a Publix right now, but for the unwillingness of the city planners to work with the developer to get the project done. Too bad!

Just a tid bit that there are a couple of more buildings coming down on Charlotte Pike where NW Mututal has properties. I suppose that as the buildings vacate then they will come down.

I have already heard that Publix was probably going to the NW Mutual site from another source.

• Like 1

Small rendering of the 5th ave reno. Not much to it really. Those Christmas lights look a little strange though...hopefully the final product is good. That's what matters.

http://www.wkrn.com/...rgo-renovations

Hopefully they're secure and can handle a good wind. Several of us know how windy that corridor can get since it's relatively open to the south and atop a small ridge so a windy spring or fall day (southerly wind of course) goes right up 5th Avenue.

Just a tid bit that there are a couple of more buildings coming down on Charlotte Pike where NW Mututal has properties. I suppose that as the buildings vacate then they will come down.

I have already heard that Publix was probably going to the NW Mutual site from another source.

Did some digging and found this embedded in an Eleven North investor packet from Jones Lang LaSalle...have a look at all the goodies they dumped on the NW/Boyle Development...looks as if they're just trying to entice their investors...they even put the new Sounds stadium in there! My bet would be Publix as well. There was talk late last year that Target had pulled out and we've all gotten our hopes up before with IKEA...

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:vUVXk7tVgmoJ:www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/MediaResources/AM/Email/CapitalMarkets/Eleven_North_Flyer.pdf+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShBpFk6d-coU2qEPsKul_D3RaQidAAjeYW1H-9UV4aImEb0D4I3QK2uWprR6uLTazAaWbIdk13-P6RiB0mdbuolpQkE0lV6NZ67zu_gODIfRHerD6eEi-ISbEN33uRpbA28ZWe3&sig=AHIEtbS-ee6T4x_iMJeHQQnNe3FGvY8hxQ&pli=1

• Like 2

Did some digging and found this embedded in an Eleven North investor packet from Jones Lang LaSalle...have a look at all the goodies they dumped on the NW/Boyle Development...looks as if they're just trying to entice their investors...they even put the new Sounds stadium in there! My bet would be Publix as well. There was talk late last year that Target had pulled out and we've all gotten our hopes up before with IKEA...

https://docs.google....3FGvY8hxQ&pli=1

Ok, WTF did they do to the image on page 13?! How in the world do you expect anyone to believe that any angle from the west would have L&C and the Viridian between AT&T and Renaissance? That's a photoshop fail for the ages.

There appears to be some new construction going on at the corner of Charlotte Pike and American Road (on the same lot as NTB), but it's a very small parcel to build on. Any ideas on what it could be?

Don't see if/where this has been answered. Not too exciting IMO. Just Tennessee Quick Cash moving from across the street. It had been driving me crazy, wondering what it was (I was wrongly guessing some fast food place since there aren't enough of those along Charlotte Avenue, lol), so I finally just called NTB and asked the guy who answered. (I was very apologetic for bothering them, and the guy I talked to was really nice about it.) But yeah, that's it.

Edited by WestNashMom

• 2 weeks later...

Checking the oxblue construction camera, the Omni seems to be about level with the MCC, Man, the MCC is freaking huge. It would have been nice to put the majority of the big halls underground and have the plaza design on top like the grassroot design a few years ago on Nashville Charrette. Anyone have that design saved by the way? Alas, the site is no more.

Edited by timmay143

Finally...

State Route 840's last section opens Nov. 2; bicyclists go first

Construction in Williamson County will complete entire 78-mile project

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120801/NEWS21/307310074/State-Route-840-s-last-section-opens-Nov-2-bicyclists-go-first?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CNews%7Cs

Finally...

State Route 840's last section opens Nov. 2; bicyclists go first

Construction in Williamson County will complete entire 78-mile project

http://www.tennessea...ell{sodEmoji.|}text{sodEmoji.|}News{sodEmoji.|}s

I'm glad this is finally done and over-with, but I really hope that this is the last...yes, literally the last, major new highway construction project in metro Nashville. The LAST thing we need at this point is more expressways.

I wonder what the statistics are (non-skewed if that's posssible) on how much traffic is actually diverted from Nashville. It was nice to use when I traveled from TTU/Cookeville to my wife (then girl friend) at MTSU/Murfreesboro. I also used it coming from Huntsville to Murfreesboro. I still would have probably avoided Nashville and used the in-place highways if 840 was not there. More of a convenience really. It was nice to go interstate speed. Really saved some time. It probably helps truckers the most since they may not be able to traverse some of the smaller highways and can utilize higher interstate speeds. But is it worth it? Who knows.

Edited by timmay143