Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Permit issued on 25 million dollar BNprocessing ctr in N Nashville.

http://www.bizjourna...ata-center.html

With a little digging I found the renderings

tpc-2NYCMEllon2.jpg

tpc-1NYCMellon.jpg

Rendering for NCC garage on 6th courtesy WW.

NCCParkigngarage.png

The data center is already there:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Woodfolk+Avenue,+Nashville,+TN&hl=en&ll=36.216705,-86.784933&spn=0.003385,0.005284&sll=35.830521,-85.978599&sspn=2.462657,5.410767&oq=woodfolk+&t=h&hnear=Woodfolk+Ave,+Nashville,+Davidson,+Tennessee+37207&z=18&layer=c&cbll=36.216714,-86.785048&panoid=O5Y1zIztxCB_rRETbHR9Ow&cbp=12,157.04,,0,0.02

It sounds like this is just an expansion of the current space (which is still very good news). Nice looking building. Unfortunately, I don't think you can see it from either the interstate or Brick Church Pike.

As for the NCC parking garage....meh. I'm waiting on the rendering for the 20-30 story tower that will be on top. :thumbsup:

I've noticed that I find surface parking lots significantly less intrusive and not all that bad when they plant trees in medians and put greened up dividers between the lot and the road like they've done here. Yes, I'd rather see something built up, but I'm not going to complain too much about this.

I've noticed that I find surface parking lots significantly less intrusive and not all that bad when they plant trees in medians and put greened up dividers between the lot and the road like they've done here. Yes, I'd rather see something built up, but I'm not going to complain too much about this.

Agreed.

I still don't like the dual curb cuts for parking (one for lower level ramp and one for surface), but hopefully one of those is temporary.

Edited by nashvillwill

Anyone want to guess what street this COULD be?

182522_10151115709322746_1374375087_n.jpg

5th Ave S (from Nashvile MCC FB page)

For those of you who missed this week's public meetings on the South of Broadway strategic plan, here are a couple of pictures from discussions with our consulting team - Urban Design Associates (UDA), Smith Gee Studios, Hawkins Partners, and Civil Site Design - to whet your appetite.

579785_10151115708027746_2015874208_n.jpg

5th Ave N getting some love too. Artober - 5th Avenue of the Arts Ground Breaking on Fifth Third Plaza in Downtown Nashville.

577120_10151217295310839_2060889443_n.jpg

247619_10151217292350839_1660021294_n.jpg

And this tomorrow:

myTDOT

Preparations for tomorrow's "Enjoy the Ride" event. The day of free fun includes a bike ride on the newly completed State Route 840. Registration at 8. The Governor speaks at 9:30. Ride at 10. www.tdot.state.tn.us/sr840s/events.htm — at SR 840 Williamson County.

302501_10151056511187551_1941309278_n.jpg

And a story on the McDonalds too.

http://www.wsmv.com/...year-after-fire

I sure hope McDonald's doesn't get an exception to build a suburban style set back building on this lot. That lot really should be a 20+ story tower with a McD on the ground floor. At the very least it won't kill them to build at the sidewalk with the parking and drive thru at the sides and back.
  • Like 2

Found some info on another project in the core I am not at liberty to mention because I want WW to get story, but there are more apartments coming. Also some renderings coming out on a couple of projects soon.

Stay tuned,

Lots happening all over Nashville and we have got the attention of a lot of companies and investors. I think and hope next year will be an amazing year for the core area of Nashville with some major projects starting and new ones announced. There will be some dissapointments as well I think. 2013 could be a banner year.

• Like 3

Found some info on another project in the core I am not at liberty to mention because I want WW to get story, but there are more apartments coming. Also some renderings coming out on a couple of projects soon.

Stay tuned,

Lots happening all over Nashville and we have got the attention of a lot of companies and investors. I think and hope next year will be an amazing year for the core area of Nashville with some major projects starting and new ones announced. There will be some dissapointments as well I think. 2013 could be a banner year.

Can we play a game? :P Is the "more apartments" something totally new or something that's been proposed and is about to get started? Don't have to answer of course!

This is truly exciting. However, I would like to see some dirt moving on the "ready to go" projects (WES, Hensler apt) ASAP!

Can we play a game? :P Is the "more apartments" something totally new or something that's been proposed and is about to get started? Don't have to answer of course!

This is truly exciting. However, I would like to see some dirt moving on the "ready to go" projects (WES, Hensler apt) ASAP!

This is new but on an old site. I have seen the rendering and will look fine. Story will come out tomorrow.

Also core drilling has begun at Hensler 23 story project. I think this is a go very soon.

Another new apartment building in E Nashville. Main and McFerrin

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2012/10/18/70-unit-apartment-project-planned-for.html

This is new but on an old site. I have seen the rendering and will look fine. Story will come out tomorrow.

Also core drilling has begun at Hensler 23 story project. I think this is a go very soon.

Another new apartment building in E Nashville. Main and McFerrin

http://www.bizjourna...lanned-for.html

Good news on Hensler. Will he be out of jail in time for groundbreaking? :silly:

And E Nashville needs more new apartments like that. Not huge block eaters, but lots of small-mid size buildings. I think that would match the character of the area better. And I think E Nashville has a huge shortage of decent quality apartments.

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more with you guys. I like the mega condo block projects like Pine Street and Elliston as much as the next guy, but to me, aside from simply getting people to move back into the core, the absolute most important factor in revitalizing the city's neighborhoods, is rebuilding the street wall so there are cohesive, walkable, attractive sections, and the best way to do that, I think, are a lot of smaller projects that are urban, add density, and create a lot of street frontage. If all we build are gigantic apartment blocks that go more up than out and don't really fill in much, then I fear that those mega projects will absorb all of the demand for apartments and we will still be left with many of the empty, unused blocks.

Did anyone catch last night's episode of "Nashville'? I loooove the way it showcases downtown and it was funny to see the At&t logo on the Batman building blurred out but yet Pinnacle was visible :thumbsup:

I missed it, but saw the first one. It was pretty good I'd have to say. As long as the writers can be creative this could last awhile. It does have a lot of the same motifs as Country Strong, but whatever, it's drama.