Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

The short answer is no in my opinion for now. When they do need to grow I think they will grab more room in their current building as some space will be open soon to lease in the building per some of my friends who work there. But it certainly is an exciting time for Pinnacle. Banks historically require a huge amount of space and as someone who grew up in a city dominated by it (Charlotte NC) it would be nice to see Nashville become more of a regional player, just not crush a lot...

Edited by wreynol4
  • Like 3

On 1/21/2017 at 11:17 PM, markhollin said:

10 days for really huge convention use (would develop a strong relationship with MCC and Opryland Hotel for MAJOR conventions that need 40-70,000 seat capacity for certain gatherings)

Not to rain on parades but I'm not sure how feasible this arrangement would be. Obviously the organizations that set up conventions could secure such a venue separately from the convention space. However, many of the existing or demolished stadiums used in such a fashion are/were adjacent or connected to the convention centers they served in this capacity (e.g., RCA Dome, Astrodome and NRG Stadium, Edward Jones Dome, Georgia Dome, etc.). While the distance from the MCC to the east bank is walkable (and Opryland has the General Jackson) I'm not sure it's ideal for 40,000 to 70,000 convention-goers who may make that trip several times over the course of a few days.

I would also be curious to know the proportion of events that use the actual seating of the venue (of which Nashville maxes out at 20,000 for Bridgestone Arena) versus the enclosed, climate-controlled floor space for exhibits (of which Nashville has plenty in the MCC, arena, and adjacent hotel space).

10 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

According to their website, it appears to be located only within the big four TN metros, and now, NC, SC, and Roanoke VA. 

Oddly enough, there appears to be another Pinnacle Bank with locations in and around Lincoln, NE that is a completely separate entity.  Weird...

Good to know!  I was actually doing business travel to Little Rock and Omaha, NE last summer and noticed they both had Pinnacle banks...so I was thinking about opening an account with them so I could do financial stuff on the road.  Glad I didn't open that account. :o

• Like 1

From today's Nashville Post:

Hilton announced the launch of its upscale Tapestry Collection, with Nashville one of six cities to land the new independent brand. A release does not note the location or opening date of the Nashville Tapestry.

The hotels will open in existing structures, with the first property expected to convert to the Tapestry Collection by the end of the year’s third quarter, according to the release.

The other five cities identified for the new concept are Syracuse, N.Y.; Chicago; Warren, N.J.; Hampton, Virginia, and Indianapolis (two Tapestry hotels). Hilton has an additional 35 deals in process. Hilton has not released images of the buildings to house Tapestry. The brand’s website show purple as a dominant color.

• Like 3

A little more... For those of you having trouble keeping these straight, Tapestry will be "upscale" but a notch down from Curio. 

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2017/01/23/tapestry-collection-by-hilton/

And the NP has this behind paywall. http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/tourism/article/20849847/hilton-taps-nashville-for-upscale-hotel-brand

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Nashville one of four cities chosen for new Comcast super-fast gig service.  Other cities chosen were Chicago, Detroit, and Atlanta:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/01/24/nashville-one-of-four-markets-selected-for-new-gig.html

Is the Google Fiber stuff still moving forward? Didn't they have issues a few months ago with the infrastructure?

Is the Google Fiber stuff still moving forward? Didn't they have issues a few months ago with the infrastructure?

Yes it is moving forward. I already have AT&T Uverse gigapower and I absolutely love it! Looking forward to the price going down when new competition hits the area.

Sent from my A10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volsfanwill said:

at 24:01,  I have no memory of those buildings that were apparently where Rippy's is now.  I thought it was on old building.  to which I say, good job blending in.

That's probably because you would have been in middle school or early high school by then, and if you lived in Franklin back then, you likely rarely strayed into Lower Broadway, if you were allowed.

2 minutes ago, rookzie said:

That's probably because you would have been in middle school or early high school by then, and if you lived in Franklin back then, you likely rarely strayed into Lower Broadway, if you were allowed.

Correct, I was in high school, I remember spending most of the day in the hallway because of the tornadoes. I did venture that way some, I went to hard rock, nascar and Planet hollywood, and a few kats games.  But always with my parents so no bars.  Though by that point I was playing pool at melrose.

And in 1998, I got my first ever traffic ticket.   Blocking the intersection at 2nd and broadway. while driving to riverstages with some friends. Ill never forget that.  cop said I should have known better than to try to get through the light. Never mind that my drivers licence that he was holding was only a little over a month old. I should have known from experience. 

• Like 1

^Not surprised by Seattle and Toronto. Very surprised by Chicago and NY tho.

We have more cranes then Denver, Portland, New York, and SF. That's crazy.

We  beat our 2 rival cities, Austin and Charlotte...but Charlotte isn't even listed lol

No florida cities? Dallas, Houston?

Edited by Nashtitans
  • Like 1

That map is wrong like the last one they put out.  NYC and Austin are under counted.  They seem to be counting metro numbers for some cities like Seattle (including Bellevue), and only a limited area of other places.  It also loses credibility just for not having Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, Houston and Charlotte. 

• Like 3

On 1/25/2017 at 10:15 PM, CenterHill said:

I rode it out on the 21st floor of the City Center.    We were in the center stairwell and you could feel the tower swaying as the tornado hit downtown.    I've never been scared of storms in our building, but I was that day.    

My dad was in City Center as well (worked at Gresham, Smith and Partners). Said they all ran to the middle of the building. One of his coworkers got out of a meeting room right when the glass exploded and stuck a shard in the wall where he was standing. Also sucked out the revolving door in the lobby and tossed it into Legislative Plaza. I remember calling him panicked about him being ok (I was in high school at the time).