Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

1 minute ago, wreynol4 said:

I know this may seem like an odd question but what is causing all of the massive growth there?  From the looks of it in new construction/development they are blowing NYC/LA out of the water.  I will have to make a visit in next year or so.

They are definitely blowing LA out of the water.  But New York has been having an incredible amount of supertall construction.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LA_TN said:

Just wanted to share some kind words from another forum:

"In all of my days, in all of my travels, I have never seen a town undergo as much construction as Nashville. This city is shooting to the sky. One in every three buildings is seemingly topped with construction cranes"

If only what was shooting up wasn't so boxy, ugly and short. <_<

Edited by fieldmarshaldj
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, memphian said:

There is something to be said for both old buildings and new ones! If Nashville could get a couple of the older buildings in Memphis and Memphis could get some of the newer ones in Nashville, it could make for some really cool urban areas.

I'd like to see something like this built in SoBro (this building is in the Chelsea area of NYC).

That building is great, but for some reason I feel like that would be incredible for Germantown. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, VSRJ said:

Coming from Memphis, where new buildings are so few and far between, I don't think I'll ever be able to complain about a box -- no matter how boring my subconscious mind may find it.

'Cept Memphis has some beautiful old buildings that Nashville does not. Sterick & Lincoln-American, arguably the most beautiful high-rises in the entire state.

• Like 3

In Memphis, two of the city's tallest buildings (100 North Main & Sterrick Bldg.) are both entirely empty and closed.  Both are in serious states of decay.  Sterrick has been empty for decades, and 100 N. Main for at least couple of years.  Memphis' skyline looks pretty much the same as it did 20 years ago.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dxfret said:

In Memphis, two of the city's tallest buildings (100 North Main & Sterrick Bldg.) are both entirely empty and closed.  Both are in serious states of decay.  Sterrick has been empty for decades, and 100 N. Main for at least couple of years.  Memphis' skyline looks pretty much the same as it did 20 years ago.  

Both ought to be converted to apartments/condos. The Mayor should make the rehab of Sterick alone a top priority.

• Like 3

On 1/30/2017 at 10:08 AM, fieldmarshaldj said:

Both ought to be converted to apartments/condos. The Mayor should make the rehab of Sterick alone a top priority.

I agree and agree...unfortunately, easier said than done. 100 N Main is currently owned by a crook/money launderer who is behind on his MLGW bill and taxes to both the City and county. The Sterick building has some ownership issues which do not expire for 5 or so more years, if I am remembering correctly. 

I have a friend who used to work for a certain architecture firm in Memphis who was working on conceptual documents for the rehabilitation and redevelopment of the Sterick. I'm not for sure if they actually went anywhere or not, but it wasn't too long ago (maybe a year).

• Like 1

I want to ask a question, but I am not sure where to put it so I will try here. If not appropriate, please move. Of the following three proposed developments, which do most here feel will have the best shot of actually getting done: 2nd and Demonbreun,  Crescendo, or Crescent Demonbreun. I will ad the Buckingham Gultch in there as well. Thanks for any responses.

3 minutes ago, Hey_Hey said:

Indoor drive in theater for the East Bank at I-24 and James Robertson Pkwy:

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/august-moon-drive-in-nashville-1201976566/

Anyone know about this? I haven't seen anything about it before.  It's odd that something this large didn't show up in local media first. 

I think you just scooped everybody!! Congrats!!

And what a concept. It is so Nashville.   :tw_glasses:

• Like 3