Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, TheRaglander said:

Assuming the building was constructed with 300,000 sq ft, and above ground parking and retail, about how tall would that be?

Bridgestone is 500K, I believe...and the Eakin building at the trolley site is about 200K...I think....if that gives you any idea.  I guess it mostly depends on where they build...IF they build.  I'm not sure I've read that they definitely want to be downtown.  They could always decide to go to WillCo, I guess.

I'm hopeful they'll choose 5th and Broadway or the SoBro roundabout tower proposal, just to help bring those on-line sooner.  Or...they find another piece of land downtown and decide to build their own 30+ story tower.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 1

Depends on the lot size, but 20-25 stories (?).  And whether or not it's single tenant or multi. I've read that companies like approximately 23-25K sq.ft. per floor these days. So if it's just Asurion, that would be approximately 12-13 floors plus about 7-10 stories of parking.  

• Like 1

On 2/17/2017 at 9:33 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Going rate will probably be  40 to 42 dollars a sq. ft. in these new buildings. Do you think they will pay that much for class A space?

Current Bridgestone location will be vacant. It has 282 k sq. ft.

Asurion got a small incentive package from the city to go downtown. I don't remember the details, but the parking agreement was either the whole deal or a large portion of it. But the goal was to get Asurion downtown

The Eakin building could obviously go up to 300k. Eakin will ask for a LOT of TIF if he gets Asurion to sign. The current Asurion lease for the ~100k still has several years left and it would be a win win if Asurion moved into a new Eakin building early, releasing the need for the current lot, thus Hensler could start sooner. If Eakin asks $40 per square foot after all the incentives received .... I will keep further comments to myself

As for the current Bridgestone space; if Asurion moved from downtown, that would break their agreement with the city (which could be good or bad)

Obviously, we all would love to see Asurion in the top 15 floors of the 40 story 5th & B tower with their name on top. If this was a deal with incentives in play for high profile space, then we would not know until the official announcement was made

Not enough details, too many options. Are they needing additional space? Running out of space DT? Wanting to move out of Grassmere? Feel free to let your imagination run wild

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, NashRugger said:

300k sq ft would be enough to secure financing for any one of the multiple projects proposed downtown. Let's see what happens and what comes from SOM for the proposal on KVB.

If it would help get the 5th & Broadway development out of the ground sooner, I'm all for them hitching a ride on that project.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NashRugger said:

300k sq ft would be enough to secure financing for any one of the multiple projects proposed downtown. Let's see what happens and what comes from SOM for the proposal on KVB.

Keeping fingers crossed that it's a shorter version of 401 North Wabash in Chicago, sans Trump across the front. The lots shapes and sizes are almost identical.

If Asurion were attempting to consolidate all their employees under one roof, that would mean they would move out of the present location on the NW corner 1st and KVB (part of it is within the 4 story Ragland Building).  Should that be the case, then I would think that entire block would then become available for serious redevelopment.  It is sitting between the 27 story 222 2nd Ave Hayes building, and the proposed  40 story World One Hotel, so it would be prime for something substantial to face Riverfront Park.  I have long contended that it should be one of the premier real estate intersections in the city for decades to come.  I could easily see another 20-30 story structure there.  Then, ultimately, the huge lot directly behind there (between 2nd and 3rd Ave. South facing KVB) would become home to a 40-60 story big boy.  I get misty-eyed just thinking about it.  

• Like 3

I spend a lot of time in Michigan and really have a soft spot for it as a whole, so I am really proud of Detroit and all of the strides it has made over the last five to ten years.  The population may still be declining some, but it has slowed significantly, and the city has an energy about it once again! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fieldmarshaldj said:

That is not the tallest proposed for Detroit (plus, at just 7 feet taller than the current 40-year record-holder of Renaissance Center, not exactly a smashing record-breaker). No, indeed, the tallest proposed was back in 1926 for the 81-story Book Tower (1,043 feet tall), which was set to dwarf its 475-foot tall sister building of the same name.

123187.jpg 

Downtown Detroit is rebounding. They have the lowest office vacancy rate they've had in years (still double Nashville, but..) And Woodward Ave is hot -- people pay a premium to live there. But most importantly --- Dan Gilbert. He's on a personal mission. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigeasy said:

When did the Omni start displaying messages at the top? Last night was the first time I have seen that before instead of them just being a specific color. Music City was panning across the top of the building. 

They've been doing it for a while...but last night's was different, I think.  It was super bright and really fast...and way easier to read.  Loved it!

• Like 1