Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

^^ Yes! Please...Please...Please run again! 
And why do you keep posting about infidelity? Do you think the felony and theft of over 50K had anything to do with her abrupt resignation? :tw_confounded:

16 minutes ago, nashville_bound said:

And why do you keep posting about infidelity? Do you think the felony and theft of over 50K had anything to do with her abrupt resignation? :tw_confounded:

I agree.  The theft is the issue here, far more so than the infidelity. 

That said, is the theft all related to him being on the clock during their affair?  If so, I assume it was done in order to conceal the affair more so than to use her position of power to enrich herself and her boyfriend.  They couldn't very well spend lots of time together when he's not on the clock without raising lots of suspicions about the affair, and I suppose one could argue that he was indeed guarding her body pretty closely during those overtime hours.   If that's the case, it's less morally culpable in my view than outright theft, embezzlement, grifting, etc - though still rightly illegal, and it appears they are being punished fairly in return.  

Edited by ruraljuror
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Buildtall said:

Megan if your read this forum, Please run for Mayor again just to tick the haters, whiners, and complainers off.  

Here’s something I found about affairs that really fits.

62FE6867-9906-4FA8-B974-A351A9FF032B.png

We're all flawed people in some way. That being said, we're supposed to hold people in a position like Mayor to a higher standard. The issue here was the fraud, not the affair, although cheating is a obviously a very devastating thing to have to deal with.

I think most would agree in thinking that there is absolutely no need (and little desire) for her to run again. There are plenty of people like David Briley who are more than qualified and can still carry on Barry's agenda, which I still support. 

Edited by henburg
  • Like 4

If the referendum is passed, then any candidate will have to embrace the transit plan. 

David Briley will take over in the interim, so I am pretty sure he is for the plan. Now will be his chance to shine if he can.  A conservative candidate will not be elected as Metro is about 60/40 Dem vs Rep.
If anything this takes the distraction off of the mayor and those in favor of the plan can push forward with no distractions.

Forgive me for not being educated on this already, but will he be able to run as mayor in the next election? If so, and if he pulls off the next few months with grace and harmony with what the city really needs, I think he stands a great chance of winning for the long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
we also can say bye to our chances of amazon as political scandals always chase away potential business operations in the short term. Oh well

I would say that this is not necessarily true. It actually gives Nashville the opportunity to show how it handles such matters, as various types of dramatic things happen eventually to any city.
If it goes well, it could actually be a plus for the city, although be it in a somewhat bizarre way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Buildtall said:

Megan if your read this forum, Please run for Mayor again just to tick the haters, whiners, and complainers off.  

Here’s something I found about affairs that really fits.

62FE6867-9906-4FA8-B974-A351A9FF032B.png

Well given the percentages on that chart seem to match the percentages of people on this board who don’t seem to think adultury a morally reprehensible action, it doesn’t surprise me. If one doesn’t consider adultury bad, one hasn’t much reason to avoid it. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

Well given the percentages on that chart seem to match the percentages of people on this board who don’t seem to think adultury a morally reprehensible action, it doesn’t surprise me. If one doesn’t consider adultury bad, one hasn’t much reason to avoid it. 

Interesting perspective. I think marriages are all unique. I have no way to knowingly comment on Barry’s marriage. But if your perspective is that adultery is morally reprehensible it must have made your presidential vote tough, particularly in light of recent news. 

I will be like nashvillebound and avoid Barry discussion. Time for briley to see what he can do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nashville_bound said:

I don’t remember asking your permission about posting anything on here. Not everyone has the same views. I luckily don’t share yours.

I said I wish she’d run for mayor again because I think she would still get re-elected. That’s just my opinion .  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Buildtall said:

I don’t remember asking your permission about posting anything on here. Not everyone has the same views. I luckily don’t share yours.

I said I wish she’d run for mayor again because I think she would still get re-elected. That’s just my opinion .  

No, unfortunately, she's done. Felony theft charges are very serious. Even with these circumstances, it is highly unlikely that voters would ever elect her again.

If she had an affair with a guy down the street, nobody would care. When you sign your lover's paycheck, that's a problem

• Like 4