Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

Buyers in Nashville area paid an average of $320,000 for a house in June, according to a RE/MAX analysis of Multiple Listing Service data. That price is $15,000 more than the average listed sale in May 2018 and $20,000 more than the average in June 2017 (+5%). 

Sales also jumped from 3,130 homes in June compared to 2,904 in May, according to the RE/MAX analysis.

A CoreLogic analysis found that Nashville home prices increased 7.5 percent compared to 7.1 percent nationally, from May 2017 to May 2018.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/07/23/nashville-housing-home-prices-soaring-temperatures-rise/808843002/

• Like 1

I see this all the time from the Seattle paper here to the NY Post, these media outlets do not do their due diligence in the research when putting stories together of any type. Just remember the source as this is a rah rah Seattle homer article. The same thing happens in a lot of these cities, including Nashville saying look at me Ma, I am doing great.

• Like 3

Wow! Never a fan (wife watched season 1, 2...maybe 3), but I thought it had been if the air for a while. 

‘It was good PR for Nashville early on....not sure it was worth the $$$ flowing it’s way over the years. Seems like instead of general fund dollars, the excess in the hotel tax collections would have been a better source for incentive funds.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

Take the imminent closure of downtown dive bar Paradise Park. While I’ve no beef with those who are heartbroken over the loss — a reporter here has been in a depressive funk since the news broke last month — some have moved beyond grief and into victimhood. 

“I am ashamed of you for closing Paradise Park,” one commenter tweeted at the owners of the 10-year-old bar. “It’s a Nashville staple, and I hate what you’re turning Nashville into.”

In the eyes of some, the closure of Paradise Park is a continuation of the eviction of locals from Broadway, now “overrun” with tourists and bachelorette parties.

A Nashville staple? They must not have been a "true" local. Bars come and go. Unless it's Tootsies or Robert's, don't expect to see it in 10 years. That's how it's always been. 

• Like 2

My girlfriend and I were having this discussion the other day about how the bachloerette party has turned into essentially a four day weekend party and we have no idea when. The Bach Weekend company that is the company at the front of this tv show is in the same building as 3rd and Lindsley, noticed the other week. 

The fact that it is the same producers of Jersey Shore says everything to me. These things are so so so scripted that it is really gonna drown the bachelorette parties. Who knows, maybe this is the beginning of the end for them in Nashville.

16 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

My girlfriend and I were having this discussion the other day about how the bachloerette party has turned into essentially a four day weekend party and we have no idea when. The Bach Weekend company that is the company at the front of this tv show is in the same building as 3rd and Lindsley, noticed the other week. 

The fact that it is the same producers of Jersey Shore says everything to me. These things are so so so scripted that it is really gonna drown the bachelorette parties. Who knows, maybe this is the beginning of the end for them in Nashville.

I think it will do the opposite.  It will galmify (is that a word?) this event to ladies and bring in even more of these things.  Just like the show Nashville brought in more tourists and "see Nashville filming location" tours.  I think it will spike... then controls will need to take place as the pedal taverns double in number and the nightly crowds start to become a safety issue.  

I was downtown last Saturday night for the first time in a VERY long time.  I was down there to see a Cirque show at Bridgestone because I am old and not hip.  (Was an amazing show, btw)  I was shocked and the number of people downtown.  Even more shocked at the number of "gonna get married so lets get hammered" parties.  The ladies will keep coming.  Brace yourselves.

EDIT:  Oh yes, my original point:  look for dozens of new businesses that get formed to cater to Bach weekends.  The whole package kind of thing.  It will be a new frontier of business here.

Edited by TheRaglander
  • Like 3

I would begin to wonder how revenue would change if these bars began to charge even a $5.00 cover.....

24 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

I think it will do the opposite.  It will galmify (is that a word?) this event to ladies and bring in even more of these things.  Just like the show Nashville brought in more tourists and "see Nashville filming location" tours.  I think it will spike... then controls will need to take place as the pedal taverns double in number and the nightly crowds start to become a safety issue.  

I was downtown last Saturday night for the first time in a VERY long time.  I was down there to see a Cirque show at Bridgestone because I am old and not hip.  (Was an amazing show, btw)  I was shocked and the number of people downtown.  Even more shocked at the number of "gonna get married so lets get hammered" parties.  The ladies will keep coming.  Brace yourselves.

EDIT:  Oh yes, my original point:  look for dozens of new businesses that get formed to cater to Bach weekends.  The whole package kind of thing.  It will be a new frontier of business here.

In terms of safety I think we would still be a good ways away from where that capacity is. I will say this is just another reason/example as to why closing Lower Broadway off to motor vehicles could be a very beneficial thing and a proactive effort to remove certain risks from partying down there.

• Like 4