Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

5 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

It did?  On the day following the midterm elections?  National news directors think a story from Nashville is that interesting?  I guess we really are "It City."

News last night in Charlotte led with a story about an eight year old boy inappropriately touching an eight year old girl. 

Well, there goes that kid’s shot at the Supreme Court. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dale said:

News last night in Charlotte led with a story about an eight year old boy inappropriately touching an eight year old girl. 

Well, there goes that kid’s shot at the Supreme Court. 

Dale,

You  should delete this this post or have a moderator delete it.

2 hours ago, samsonh said:

Dale,

You  should delete this this post or have a moderator delete it.

Why ? I was underscoring another poster’s incredulity that the incident at the hotel was headline news. I was just saying Charlotte’s got you beat.

Edited by Dale

10 minutes ago, volsfanwill said:

Kinda random. But big development proposed for our neighbors to the west. Complete with a cap over a sunken highway. 

https://www.dailymemphian.com/section/businessreal-estate/article/1219/Grand-entrance-950M-Union-Row-proposed-for-Downtown

There is a Memphis forum on here:

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/forum/249-memphis/

• Like 3

I hope it happens for Memphis.....now someone needs to get this on the Memphis forum so we can all watch and comment from there!

According to the article, it was Nashville's boom status that drew institutional investors to look into Tennessee and ultimately to Memphis.

Since he's a native Memphian maybe WW can get this on the Memphis Forum and keep on top of it for us.

• Like 3

Memphis has had a lot of investment in development in recent years. While much has not been glamorous like warehouses, infrastructure and industrial, it has reached in excess of $10 billion. They've also had a lot of high-profile "false starts" with Beale, 100 N. Main and the convention center. I think the greatest thing that holds the city back is its history of rampant corruption among their local and federal officials. And then there were some terrible, attention-grabbing crimes very recently. The city is due for some positive events. Maybe things are turning around FINALLY!!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Met up with Kevin (KJHburg) from Charlotte this afternoon, and we took a 90 minute tour of downtown, The Gulch, Rolling Mill Hill, Germantown, and Midtown.  Always fun meeting urban planning enthusiasts from other cities.   : )

Mark with Kevin (KJHburg) of Charlotte, Nov 13, 2018.jpg

You guys could be brothers!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3