Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

12 hours ago, PHofKS said:

Also, has anyone notice the new Dodge Ram 1500 commercial was filmed in Nashville. It featured the Christmas parade and Vandy's Children's Hospital. 

It begs the question, why? Nissan and Bridgestone do locally filmed ads. Maybe Nashville had the only Christmas parade that would allow them to feature it in a commercial.

Can't remember exactly but I think a couple of years ago a Toyota or Honda commercial was airing that was filmed in Nashville.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PHofKS said:

Also, has anyone notice the new Dodge Ram 1500 commercial was filmed in Nashville. It featured the Christmas parade and Vandy's Children's Hospital. 

It begs the question, why? Nissan and Bridgestone do locally filmed ads. Maybe Nashville had the only Christmas parade that would allow them to feature it in a commercial.

Those commercials get made all over the country. There are regional and city-specific ones shot that are based on where they are marketing the specific vehicle for that sales period.

Here's one for the same vehicle that targets northern California.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/IYHp/2019-ram-1500-work-or-play-most-capable-1500-ever-t2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, PHofKS said:

There is a replica at the Country Music Hall of Fame. What you see on the outside is the top half. The bottom part is within the interior. A neat tribute to the original. 

45638382294_f1d94a444f_z.jpg

Very Cool! In talking to an architect who worked on this, I found out that one of the other influences was a mausoleum and lighting rod (think Frankenstein) to bring to life all the stars of country music past.

• Like 2

Great observations, bnacincy.  
I do agree on the homeless situation in Nashville.  I walk a few blocks from the parking lot to work and also walk through downtown every day at lunch and I notice how bad it's getting.  I don't really seem them as much in the "core" downtown but they are more present in SoBro and KVB.  

I pose a question to the board... has anyone noticed the younger homeless crowd?  I don't really know what to call them other than "drifters", perhaps?  They hang around the Ascend park and railroad tracks.  Many of them have pets and tents.  I have seen them harass the pedal taverns (flirt with the girls until the operators yell at them to leave).  I don't really see them ask for money like the older homeless crowd, but they seem to "just exist" and their numbers seem to be growing exponentially.  

• Like 1

^^^

We stopped utilizing the small dog park near Ascend because of the roving youthful drifters and their dogs who (were) are constantly harassing passerbys. Many have pits and a rather confrontational demeanor ....no outright threats but tension in the air to give money or food. 

As for the larger question of Nashville homelessness.... the problem has gotten worse since the Contributor has entered the scene....

2 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

I pose a question to the board... has anyone noticed the younger homeless crowd?  I don't really know what to call them other than "drifters", perhaps?  They hang around the Ascend park and railroad tracks.  Many of them have pets and tents.  I have seen them harass the pedal taverns (flirt with the girls until the operators yell at them to leave).  I don't really see them ask for money like the older homeless crowd, but they seem to "just exist" and their numbers seem to be growing exponentially.  

I've seen them.     Not sure who these folks are, but yeah they seem to have made Ascend park their basecamp.    

Yep, I have seen them. Many times these folks are non conformist, or I guess you can  all them modern hippies. Some are anarchists or free sprits. My Neice and her husband traveled around like this. They were both artist/musicians and travled the west coast. Some may be run awaystoo that stay awayfrom the older adult homless community and they band together in numbers for safety and they have more in common.

Regarding the homeless situation: Is there any guess as to how much of the Nashville homeless population is originally from this area and how many located here from elsewhere? I've always assumed that the homeless generally tend to gravitate to cities that offer the best chance of general survival -- better economy, friendlier/generous people, better shelter spaces, better climate, etc.

• Like 2

This is equally topical in several diffferent threads (Amazon, Paramount, CBID, Bits and Pieces....) so I will post here...

Using Seattle’s homeless coalition as an example, the article lays out a powerful indictment of the various stakeholders currently enabling our own homelessness crisis. 

https://www.city-journal.org/seattle-homelessness?utm_source=City+Journal+Update&utm_campaign=41374905ff-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_12_22_01_10&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6c08930f2b-41374905ff-109485629