Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

9 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Come on over! Not many know the QC as well as I do. 

Clarksville is referred to as the Queen City here in Middle Tennessee / Western Kentucky. It is the old times reference to "Queen of the Cumberland" or "Queen City of the Cumberland". There are many "Queen City _____" businesses there, etc.

And that concludes today's history lesson! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, LA_TN said:

Clarksville is referred to as the Queen City here in Middle Tennessee / Western Kentucky. It is the old times reference to "Queen of the Cumberland" or "Queen City of the Cumberland". There are many "Queen City _____" businesses there, etc.

And that concludes today's history lesson! lol

As I say to people in Cincy our city was actually named for a Queen, Queen Charlotte wife of King George III to gain favor with the King.  (it didn't work) 

and this message was brought to you by Charlotte based Krispy Kreme making sweet doughnuts for world since 1937.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Titans10 said:

Anyone catch the opening of Sunday night football?  NBC got it right with the downtown view, instead of the typical shot from the walking bridge it looked like video from KVB bridge with the skyline lit up in Titan blue, it was pretty awesome. 

I did notice that and approved of NBC's choice... I was annoyed to see 505 so dark, however.  I mean, I know it usually is, but this just highlighted it even more.  It just makes no sense why a building that is supposedly it's developers crowning achievement, which sits right smack in the middle of the skyline and looks like the city's tallest building from most angles, would be left to basically go invisible after the sun goes down.  How hard would it have been to just put some LED lighting around the top rim?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

Here is the FNIA set, for anyone who didn't bother watching the Titans get embarrassed last night on national television.

fnia.jpg

That's an awesome shot, although the manipulation is pretty funny behind the pinnacle with the UBS tower being flipped and duplicated a couple of times. 

Also I think embarrassment is a tad strong, they showed some fight. Still, definitely disappointing in typical Titans fashion.

7 minutes ago, titanhog said:

What are your thoughts about the NYE events being at Bicentennial Mall instead of LoBro...now that it's been that way for 2-3 years now?  Wouldn't it be better on LoBro after a full day of rain like today?

It was odd how that happened. It seemed to be a last minute decision for security reasons. I wondered if they had gotten some news of concern from somewhere.

3 hours ago, PHofKS said:

It was odd how that happened. It seemed to be a last minute decision for security reasons. I wondered if they had gotten some news of concern from somewhere.

(I assume you're referring to this year.) They've been setting things up at the park for about two weeks now, so definitely not a last minute decision.

On 12/27/2018 at 1:57 AM, BnaBreaker said:

I swear, Atlanta just refuses to let other southern cities have any shine... first they built an aquarium after Chattanooga, then they built their own "Gulch" neighborhood, now this?  They even stole the College Football Hall of Fame from my parents' small home city of South Bend, Indiana... like, what does Atlanta have to do with college football?  Ugh.  

And Atlanta's thirst is the reason Georgia is once again trying to redraw their border with Tennessee to gain territory, i.e. water resources.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2