Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

6 hours ago, tragenvol said:

And Atlanta's thirst is the reason Georgia is once again trying to redraw their border with Tennessee to gain territory, i.e. water resources.

A good explanation....

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how+the+states+got+their+shapes+tennessee&&view=detail&mid=F81CA1158405546610E3F81CA1158405546610E3&&FORM=VRDGAR

On 12/18/2018 at 9:13 AM, Chris Lee said:

Those commercials get made all over the country. There are regional and city-specific ones shot that are based on where they are marketing the specific vehicle for that sales period.

Here's one for the same vehicle that targets northern California.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/IYHp/2019-ram-1500-work-or-play-most-capable-1500-ever-t2

I saw the Dodge Ram 1500 commercial featuring Nashville in the background while in Orlando earlier this week.

• Like 4

Glover is getting piled on tonight about this bill. Garrison’s tweets are pretty good. 

Johnson, Sledge, Mendes, Rosenberg, and O’Connell all have some strong words for him. Glover doubles down and says he will go to his friends in the state house. 

(Insert popcorn eating gif) haha

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 8:12 AM, markhollin said:

35 largest hotels in Nashville (courtesy of NBJ):

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 8.10.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 8.10.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 8.10.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 8.11.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 8.11.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 8.11.28 AM.png

I find the wide variety between the hotels’ amounts of employees-to-rooms fascinating. Like how the JWM has 400 more employees than the downtown Sheraton for about 50 more rooms. Or how the Cambria and Hutton have basically the same amount of rooms with the latter having twice the employees than the former. I wonder if some of these hotels use cleaning/maintenance contractors that don’t count towards their total employee numbers, or something. 

The difference between Cambria and Hutton is that a limited service hotel, by definition, requires fewer employees than a full service hotel. 

I do know that there are companies that provide housekeeping services to some hotels, so that does likely constitute some of the employee numbers discrepancies, as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recently created Central Real Estate Partners has acquired Village Real Estate Services.  Village founder and CEO Mark Deutschmann has sold a major percentage of his ownership in Village, which will still operate under its existing name, and Mark will still serve as chairman emeritus, and as leader of his City Living Group sales/marketing team.  He will remain CEO of Core and Village Holdings, which are not part of the deal.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21039768/village-sold-to-central-real-estate

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

As much as I don't really care about NASCAR (I kinda watched when the last breed of true-grit racers like Earnhardt, Petty, Mark Martin, etc raced)...Nashville really is a good home for this.  Plus...it's a shame that Nashville didn't keep its big NASCAR relationship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

As much as I don't really care about NASCAR (I kinda watched when the last breed of true-grit racers like Earnhardt, Petty, Mark Martin, etc raced)...Nashville really is a good home for this.  Plus...it's a shame that Nashville didn't keep its big NASCAR relationship.

Seriously.  I'd get more thrills sitting in a lawn chair overlooking the Interloop than attending a NASCAR race, but Nashville and NASCAR do go hand in hand.  This just makes so much sense.  I was surprised to read the banquet had been held in NYC for 27 years.  NYC?  Kind of like that old Pace Picante Sauce commercial.

• Like 4

Interesting.  Nashville recalls over a 100 short term rental permits issued in error in 2018.  

"Metro Codes officials will send cancellation notices in the coming weeks to more than 100 short-term rental permit holders who got their licenses by mistake in 2018.

Staff members accidentally overlooked a rule in the complicated law governing vacation rental permits in Nashville when approving requests, officials said.

The January 2018 ordinance prohibits licenses in residential areas to lots with two-family homes — such as duplexes and so-called tall-and-skinnies — unless the properties are all owned by the same person, who also lives in one of the residences on the lot. But that rule was not followed. "

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/01/08/nashville-short-term-rental-permits-recalled/2501263002/?fbclid=IwAR0_gZmLuRPBl3LAkGBtHaXT-4H7nO--bFE7BdakRHR3aKsuq8s261ilQSM 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grilled_cheese said:

The bonnaroo lineup is a joke and anyone involved with it should be ashamed of themselves

It isn't my cup of tea either for the most part, but as a frequent festival goer I always have to roll my eyes at those people who express their outrage that the lineup isn't EXACTLY as THEY would want it, as if it was supposed to be an event catered to their specific desires.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

It isn't my cup of tea either for the most part, but as a frequent festival goer I always have to roll my eyes at those people who express their outrage that the lineup isn't EXACTLY as THEY would want it, as if it was supposed to be an event catered to their specific desires.

Agreed, and in my opinion it's not at the worst that it has been over the past couple of years. It's just a reality now that the world is a bit oversaturated with festivals so talent is being split up more. Still, three different sets of Phish feels... excessive.

• Like 2

Personally I like the transparency of listing taxes separately .... everyone should be aware when their pockets are trying to be picked.....then it is a more voluntary transaction if the purchase moves forward.

59 minutes ago, Hey_Hey said:

I love that in Europe sales tax is included in the quoted sticker on everything.  It is so much simpler and generally negates the requirement to carry change. 

Restaurants always add sales tax but I didn’t think it was normal to add liquor tax.