Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

I encountered them Friday evening leaving downtown.    I was headed south on 8th at the  Demonbreun light and the group of them were opposite me heading into downtown.    The light turned green and they were all wheelies up blazin into town.    One guy on a four wheeler doing a wheelie nearly side swiped a car in the lane next to him.     I’ve never seen this group before and thought wtf.      Then yesterday I saw the report about the officer being hit.    

• Like 1

We saw them coming out the KVB bridge Friday on our way home from the office. They completely take over the road and act completely obnoxious. Then when the police attempt to take them down or stop them they freak out or laugh or cause harm. And then they wonder why they have bad relationships with police....

Yea I got cauught in their thuggery in the Gulch and on Rosa Parks. These  thugs and thats what they are, were doing wheelies and came close to hiting my car and they were riding on the sidewalk, had oncoming traffic stopped. The stopped traffic at a redlight too.

I blame Metro Police squarley for this as there was plenty of time to get a copter in the air, track them down, have multiple cars run them down, because that is what I would have done because they were not going to stop.

It was 20 minutes from the time I saw them in the Gulch till I saw them on Rosa Parks.

The Metro cop that got hurt was just plain stupid for trying to stop one of those guys the way he did it. 

9 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Yea I got cauught in their thuggery in the Gulch and on Rosa Parks. These  thugs and thats what they are, were doing wheelies and came close to hiting my car and they were riding on the sidewalk, had oncoming traffic stopped. The stopped traffic at a redlight too.

I blame Metro Police squarley for this as there was plenty of time to get a copter in the air, track them down, have multiple cars run them down, because that is what I would have done because they were not going to stop.

It was 20 minutes from the time I saw them in the Gulch till I saw them on Rosa Parks.

The Metro cop that got hurt was just plain stupid for trying to stop one of those guys the way he did it. 

Oh please.....that is just absurd if you think the police could do anything do stop this. You are smarter than that.

Also, they did have a copter in the air, but this wasn't just one group in a specific part of town. They had groups downtown, near the airport, corner of Harding/Nolensville, etc. I was reading live reports on Twitter and each group had about 20-40 riders. No chance the police could control that.

This group had over a hundred riders in it.  Metro had plenty of time to respond and didnt do a thing except to try and pull a rider off a bike. They had free reign of the downtown streets. Metro Police response was dismal at the very best. 

The Metro Police chief should have been gone years ago  and we have had a string of buffoons running Metro depts. for years. Metro Police is just an example. it starts with the mayor and goes downhill from there. 

I have no regrets with my post, because I was there and I saw what they were doing. Metro fire was quick to respond to accidents but Metro Police is downtown trying to herd cats.

You send the chopper where the biggest danger to the public is, not on Harding but downtown where there are over a 100 thousand people on any given Saturday.

There was a car behind all these idiots filming them. If metro has any horse sense, then they can track whoever post that video and bring them in first. Its not rocket science and this has been going on for sometime. Its just they are afraid of these folks. That is chief Anderson being too cautious as many of the riders were minorities, but not all. This has happened before and Metro could have infiltrated this group long ago. 

Maybe they will do something now. If I had some calipers I would have thrown them in the road and seen how many of them I could have wrecked because they were all doing stupid stuff.

If you all want to blame someone dont blame me, but it is Metros job to keep people safe and they are NOT doing THEIR JOB! They have not done their job for years in this city. 

Hardly any traffic enforcement on the interstates and when they do its hap hazard at best as they dont wat to write the tourist a ticket. They are the ones that need a ticket.

Metro has done nothing but be reactionary instead of being proactive.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

Congrats, @markhollin, on reaching Megalopolis status!  It may have happened in the last day or two but I'm just now noticing.  I'm grateful for all you do for Music City and this honor is well earned.  What's next for you?  Surpassing @smeagolsfree post count?  What do you have to do to level up?  10,000 more posts?  100,000?

Yea, Way to go Mark!

• Like 3