Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

35 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Of the 2,010 Nashville jobs Smile Direct plans to add in the next 5 years, 1/3 will be at their downtown HQ in Phillips Plaza, and the rest headed to their plant in Antioch. Overall, it's a $217 million investment.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/03/20/smiledirectclub-adding-2-000-jobs.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

their plant is right down the street from my office, i dont see how they could add more people there, the parking lot is totally packed on a daily basis at this point.

6 minutes ago, titanhog said:

I was about to forward this to the wife, but good lord, $15 tickets? Do a lot of people pay that? I'm gonna set up a projector in a parking lot and charge $10.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris Lee said:

Th guy on the right in the picture above never smiles in any photo I've seen him in.

Someone in marketing has probably spoken to him many times about the importance of having a nice smile when the name of the business includes the word 'smile.'  So, why is he still not smiling?  Doesn't he feel happy?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

Someone in marketing has probably spoken to him many times about the importance of having a nice smile when the name of the business includes the word 'smile.'  So, why is he still not smiling?  Doesn't he feel happy?

Here is the previous pic that was posted of him. He appears to have gotten a bit happier since June haha

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:56 AM, satalac said:

image1*750xx7360-4140-0-386.jpg

Smile Direct Club you say? Maybe tell the guy on the left...

Edited by bigeasy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

Maybe he has bad teeth.     :tw_grimace:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, markhollin said:

AkzoNobel, an auto supply company based in Amsterdam, has decided to relocate its North American HQ from Chicago to Nashville.  They already have 200 employees here at two plants, and the new corporate office will be at 535 Marriott Drive near the airport (what was once the Bridgestone HQ) where they will inhabit the 5th floor, covering 25,000 sq. ft.  Roughly 70 people will be moving here in high management positions.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/03/21/exclusive-dutch-company-moves-north-americanhq-to.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 1.55.08 PM.png

They were moving from LA and San Francisco, now we are getting them from Chicago. It seems we are just keeping the moving companies in business now. 

Just like Casey Kasem and the top 40, The hits just keep on coming. Some of you probably dont know what I am talking about, well just google it.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, markhollin said:

the new corporate office will be at 535 Marriott Drive near the airport (what was once the Bridgestone HQ) where they will inhabit the 5th floor, covering 25,000 sq. ft.  Roughly 70 people will be moving here in high management positions.

Is this building still mostly vacant after Bridgestone moved out? Seems everyone wants to be located downtown now..

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Hipsters will pay that. Looking at that list of movies, I see they're targeting the 30-40 set. What my mom would call "big kids" (meaning, they have no kids and lots of disposable $$).

had no idea that this is what folks were calling my wife and I these days

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I envy you. I'm 48 and have one in college and two starting next fall and the year after that. No disposable $$... no date nights.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, and it is not another train - it is sunshine.

• Like 3