Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

It’s just how they did it. 

Its Friday afternoon, hey we are tearing out 21 trees on Monday. The NFL is paying us 10k. 

GIVE NO OTHER INFORMATION.

Don't let the council know, or any reporters or ANYONE.

It’s sloppy and short sighted.  

Haha... when you put it like that, then yeah, it definitely comes across as sloppy and short-sighted and perhaps even a bit sketchy.  I guess I just think it's odd that this is the issue these people are choosing to get angry about, particularly when I'm quite sure none of these same folks are at all concerned at the countless more trees we lose to suburban sprawl every year... but I digress.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I may be in the minority, but I've always thought the trees being in that exact location didn't look quite right.  That seems like an area where there would be no trees.  I would replant them in the park in front of the CMHoF or in the park beside the amphitheater....and just have a nice sidewalk where the trees are now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Briley... just say that before. Save some face man, good lord. 

Good save, but SO AVOIDABLE!

I’m reading so many issues with the new plan, mainly that if you remove and replant the trees, they will die, and if you plant new ones... it will take 10 years to grow. 

Move the stage along ascend amphitheater.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Of course that's a brilliant suggestion. Seems to me that's exactly the reason Ascend was built in the first place. Who runs the CVB and why didn't they plan for that? Why does EVERYTHING have to go do Broadway? 

I don’t think Broadway is the issue. It’s first avenue, and the trees are on 1st Avenue by riverfront Park. I’m saying put the walkway to the stage on Broadway along Ascend where there aren’t any trees 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I don’t think Broadway is the issue. It’s first avenue, and the trees are on 1st Avenue by riverfront Park. I’m saying put the walkway to the stage on Broadway along Ascend where there aren’t any trees 

Actually there are a lot of trees surrounding Ascend and along 1st Ave.   

The cherry trees in question at Riverfront Park are of an age and size that you can walk under them.     The new ones that are planted will require 10 years to achieve the same maturity.    

But sort of to @titanhog‘s point, there is a master plan to remake that section of Riverfront Park and I could see the entire brick walkway where the cherry trees are being replaced with a redesigned park.    To my knowledge, there is no immediate plan or funding for that phase of the riverfront improvements.   

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

Actually there are a lot of trees surrounding Ascend and along 1st Ave.   

The cherry trees in question at Riverfront Park are of an age and size that you can walk under them.     The new ones that are planted will require 10 years to achieve the same maturity.    

But sort of to @titanhog‘s point, there is a master plan to remake that section of Riverfront Park and I could see the entire brick walkway where the cherry trees are being replaced with a redesigned park.    To my knowledge, there is no immediate plan or funding for that phase of the riverfront improvements.   

To me....the trees in that exact location don't fit.  It feels like that entire area from the back of the buildings on 1st all the way to the river needs a re-do.  It just appears like the trees were some haphazard way to add some greenery a few years back before the area really boomed like it is today.  IMO...we can come up with something better along 1st Ave (Paris-style cafe district along the water :rolleyes:)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

This likely wasn’t even brought to his desk before it was made public.

So true. I hope our Mayor isn’t managing decisions like this. If so, when will he have time for the big decisions?  

That being said, he needs to have people in his departments that can foresee issues like this. 

There is this thing called a hot tug in London where people can rent a floating hot tub put in the thames river near canary wharf. I think its really cool and would be a great idea for Nashville lol. Although I wanted this to be in the former lake palmer lol, now it looks like it will have to be on the cumberland river which could be a bit risky with boats and all but I still think this could be a good idea haha.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

There is this thing called a hot tug in London where people can rent a floating hot tub put in the thames river near canary wharf. I think its really cool and would be a great idea for Nashville lol. Although I wanted this to be in the former lake palmer lol, now it looks like it will have to be on the cumberland river which could be a bit risky with boats and all but I still think this could be a good idea haha.

Ha, no thanks.   We already have pedal taverns, scooters, monster trucks, party buses, tractors pulling hay rides and fire trucks with bars.      The last thing we need are inebriated bachelorettes floating down the Cumberland in hot tubs.    

13 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

Ha, no thanks.   We already have pedal taverns, scooters, monster trucks, party buses, tractors pulling hay rides and fire trucks with bars.      The last thing we need are inebriated bachelorettes floating down the Cumberland in hot tubs.    

Can you imagine the scene if a tub full of drunken bachelorettes in stilettos and bikinis got washed ashore at a down river cement plant in the middle of the night?  Lol... I suppose I shouldn't be laughing at the thought... but lol...

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, e-dub said:

^ Agreed.

And now, on a completely different topic...  @e-dub, you drove past me Thursday (I think) as I waited to cross the light at Division and 12th Ave S.  It was about 12:05 PM and there was a DTM sticker on the back of the blue and black car.  Next time, I'll shout "E-DUB!" when I see you.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mr_Bond said:

And now, on a completely different topic...  @e-dub, you drove past me Thursday (I think) as I waited to cross the light at Division and 12th Ave S.  It was about 12:05 PM and there was a DTM sticker on the back of the blue and black car.  Next time, I'll shout "E-DUB!" when I see you.

Yeah, that was almost certainly me! :tw_lol:

• Like 1

World Cup 2026. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/04/01/tourism-chief-says-nfl-draft-will-help-nashvilles.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

I completely forgot about the possibility of Nashville being selected as a host city for the World Cup.  Atlanta being so close in proximity with a world class stadium  does make  me wonder how good Nashville's chances are. 

Edited by CityHeart
  • Like 1