Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

As I've stated before, I don't particularly like where the trees are situated....and that if something different was done at that area...it would possibly be better.  But, I understand why there may be some outrage.  First of all...this nation has a love / hate relationship with the NFL.  The NFL has a bit of a "bully" reputation...right or wrong.  AND...they were talking about uprooting 21 mature trees and replacing them with new, smaller trees for a 2-3 day event.  I can see how, to the normal citizen, that would seem really shortsighted.

Again...I don't care if those trees disappear on that sidewalk.  But...I can understand some of the anger, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

The trees are a nonnative invasive species anyway. Can we replace them with some nice oak trees? Or how about the State Tree of Tennessee, the tulip poplar. 

Yoshino Cherry  is native to Japan, yes, but has been widely cultivated as an ornamental tree in Europe and North America for a century.       Not invasive in the least.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

anyone on here been to (or even lived in) Dallas recently?
my wife was offered a job down there so I may be living outside of Nashville for the first time in my life.
if you have any info on the area please shoot me a PM , I open to any info you could pass along.

side note, the Dallas board on here (hell the entire Texas board for that matter) is a desolate place and that just makes me sad.  

Edited by bhibbs

1 minute ago, MLBrumby said:

Agreed! I saw the fire truck last week. That can actually be a hazard if people see it and attempt to get out of its way. You never know with sirens echoing through downtown. 

People hardly get out of the way of real firetrucks with lights and sirens blaring. lol 

13 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

Perhaps I'm in the minority here but I really enjoy seeing these in my neighborhood.  The fun atmosphere, the happy tourists, the amazement that people actually want to ride these things - it's just entertaining!  It's like having a little piece of a Mardi Gras parade roaming our streets every day!

I don’t mind them most of the time, I just wish the city would enforce quiet hours for streets that have residential development. I can hear them in our unit pretty late into the night on the weekends. 

2 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

Perhaps I'm in the minority here but I really enjoy seeing these in my neighborhood.  The fun atmosphere, the happy tourists, the amazement that people actually want to ride these things - it's just entertaining!  It's like having a little piece of a Mardi Gras parade roaming our streets every day!

When I lived downtown, I wasn't ever super against them - though they weren't super prevalent on Church Street. This particular one is just disgusting. A warmed-over mobile bacteria puddle? No thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Am I the only one that doesn't really understand the appeal of the 'lets have someone haul us around  in an obscure vehicle while we drink' phenomena?  I get it if it's taking you from point A to point B, or if it's a daytime tour of the city, but if it's just someone driving you around in a circle and taking you back to where you started, then what's the point?  To me, that's just an hour I could've spent at an actual bar hearing live music and meeting people and having fun.  

• Like 2