Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

That thread took an interesting turn to commending greater L.A. for being an urban dream of sorts. I have no idea what those people are smoking. In my opinion, L.A. is the sprawliest and ugliest urbanized area in the whole country. On top of that, given the massive metro population, its skyline is so underwhelming. Even Atlanta is miles ahead of L.A. in terms of CBD height. L.A. should be so much denser, but instead, it spread out into oblivion during the 20th century and turned into what it is today: a bunch of crummy 1950s ranch houses with chain-link fences side-by-side in the middle of the desert. Southern California is the epitome of American wastefulness. Throw in the massive income gap, the exploding homeless population, the percent of unvaccinated residents and the horrible air pollution and you have a place that is destined for a disaster.

Sorry for the rant

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titanhog said:

The new tower they just added (Korean Airlines, maybe?)...really adds to their skyline.  It's getting there.  And...on smog-free days...a shot like this is hard to beat.

0fc0f7_3b3967ad38134a909cfa93da54e02115~mv2_d_2464_1640_s_2.jpg

Troll mode: [ON] off

Mind not changed. Emphasis on "smog-free days." Still a very unimpressive CBD for a metro area of its size. Chicago and Toronto put that place to shame, and they aren't nearly as large. 

• Like 2

Just now, wreynol4 said:

Chicago has an amazing skyline but nothing in America rivals NYC. 

In terms of history, NYC is unmatched, but Chicago's layout is cooler with all of the skyscrapers along Lake Michigan. Of course, that's just my opinion and understand that most people would disagree that Chicago skyline> NYC

• Like 1

Whenever I hear utter mischaracterizations of Nashville as some podunk town, all that means to me is that there is a lot more room for growth for us on the national stage. 

With all the national and international regocnition we’ve been getting, and the influx and growth we’ve seen here, sometimes I worry about topping out. Comments like the ones on that board reassure me that there is still a lot of snow on the ground to ball over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

Thanks for repping Nashville well as always @BnaBreaker on SSP!

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

Haha!  He ripped that one yahoo a new one. :rofl:

Hahahaha thanks y'all... though I'm not sure I actually represented the city (or myself for that matter) very well at all in that thread... I admittedly took advantage of their more lax rules and moderation with that one.  I'm usually a pretty laid back person, and that isn't at all how'd I'd normally handle someone but that guy really reeeeeeeeeeally rubbed me the wrong way, as you can tell, and I have no patience for personalities like his.  And I was even more annoyed than usual because I was going out of my way initially to show people that I was being realistic about Nashville's issues and whatnot and had no problem with valid and legitimate criticisms, because I do think that is sometimes an issue with forumers from other cities who way over-inflate their hometowns and get bent out of shape over even the smallest gripe...  and yet I was STILL being accused of "boosterism" and the like.   Ah well... I've come to expect nothing more from SSP to be honest.

Edited by BnaBreaker

The are trolls who lurk on other topics on SSP who seem to be very envious of Nashville's success and belittle what they call boosterism when ever you mention any of the unique characteristics and aspects of growth that is Music City. They pretty much stay away from the Nashville Development page. 

So yes there is an intense, jealousy driven dislike of Nashville on SSP. Nashville may be the most hated city by people who live in other boring, sad cities.

Hey, another hyperbole for Nashville. I need to make a new post in the City Discussion Forum. 

• Like 2