Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

12 hours ago, glamdring269 said:

Scooter regulation advocates probably got a nice boost today thanks to a video they just showed on the news.  Guy cruising down the street with his young child on his back.  Hey at least he wasn’t on the sidewalk. 

I figured someone would pick it up in print this morning.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/cma-music-festival/2019/06/06/man-riding-scooter-child-video-nashville-cma-fest/1371502001/

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, glamdring269 said:

Scooter regulation advocates probably got a nice boost today thanks to a video they just showed on the news.  Guy cruising down the street with his young child on his back.  Hey at least he wasn’t on the sidewalk. 

Happens all of the time around Shelby Pedestrian Bridge.  I recommend going there for a few minutes on either side of the bridge for some daily WTF.  Had to park in MCC yesterday and saw this sign at the 6th avenue P2 entrance.

scooter.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bark At The Sun said:

Happens all of the time around Shelby Pedestrian Bridge.  I recommend going there for a few minutes on either side of the bridge for some daily WTF.  

At a minimum I would ban scooters on the pedestrian bridge.     People riding scooters on the bridge are simply playing around,  going up and down and using it as their personal skate park,  getting thrills picking up insane speeds down the slopes.    Notice all the scooter skid marks.             

2 hours ago, CenterHill said:

Wait, wut?    What Metro brain trust decided this was necessary?  

Don't you see that this is necessary in order to give the woo girls more space to take, like, totally dope ass selfies for Insta?  (< a poor attempt by a 36 year old man to sound hip and relevant)

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Haha 3

Anyone have thoughts on the new John Ingram  PAC? I wonder how the PAC’s endorsements will affect the candidates. I know John Cooper has negative comments, but I think this goes back to his battle with Ingram over the MLS stadium when he was on the council. The Tennessean also seems to show it in a negative light, but it doesn’t seem to be bad. 

1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I think that by law those folks should have on helmets, as they are considered motorcycles. Anyone know for sure the legality of this?

They're specifically designed to hit the gray area between automobile and motorcycle regulations. They don't need air bags and other safety equipment otherwise required in cars but most states don't require a motorcycle endorsement on your license to drive them.