Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

43 minutes ago, subkyle said:

I’m not sure about the numbers for CMA fest, but I was very encouraged by the median age of the people downtown. I always stroll around town during big events, and I feel strongly that the CMA fest crowd is getting younger. That’s a great sign if you ask me.

Country music is attracting a WAY younger crowd than 10-20 years ago.  Demographics used to be more of a 25-54 age group...and now is probably more 18-34.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bnacincy said:

Anyone hear about the attendance numbers for the CMAFest? I haven't heard anything and am wondering if it might have been down a bit from last year due to the weather perhaps?

A friend of mine who does gigs on Broadway told me the numbers were down this year but that's just him assuming by his eye count and not actual figures.

Edited by OnePointEast

Honda would be a huge catch as they have around 25,000 employees. I dont see us getting them to move here without huge incentives and direct flights to Tokoyo. We have to extend the runway first and as Bob updated us at the meet that will not happen till around 2024 I think was his response.

On a side note Toyota's NA hQ is in Plano TX.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2019 at 12:05 PM, fishsticks176 said:

Is this really even a big catch? They don’t have an assembly plant in North America. I’m pretty sure they don’t even build cars anymore. I think they just take models from other auto makers and re-badge them. I’m not sure that’s 100% accurate, but honestly, when is the last time you remember seeing a Mitsubishi on the road that turned your head?

When I first saw the headlines and the excitement over it, I assumed it was Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. Now that would have been a huge catch. Then I found out it was a nearly defunct auto “maker”, and I was severely disappointed. 

Edit: Just looked into this and apparently the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance is one of the worlds larger automakers. So they are probably just trying to move closer to Nissan.

Edited by nashvillwill

6 hours ago, nashvillwill said:

Is this really even a big catch? They don’t have an assembly plant in North America. I’m pretty sure they don’t even build cars anymore. I think they just take models from other auto makers and re-badge them. I’m not sure that’s 100% accurate, but honestly, when is the last time you remember seeing a Mitsubishi on the road that turned your head?

When I first saw the headlines and the excitement over it, I assumed it was Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. Now that would have been a huge catch. Then I found out it was a nearly defunct auto “maker”, and I was severely disappointed. 

Edit: Just looked into this and apparently the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance is one of the worlds larger automakers. So they are probably just trying to move closer to Nissan.

I think you nailed it.  That was my reaction at first as well and then I realized it was not that many employees and then I found out they were in some kind of partnership with Nissan and Renault that I though this was not that big of deal. The San Francisco company was really more of a bigger deal and they located to Davidson and not Williamson.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I think you nailed it.  That was my reaction at first as well and then I realized it was not that many employees and then I found out they were in some kind of partnership with Nissan and Renault that I though this was not that big of deal. The San Francisco company was really more of a bigger deal and they located to Davidson and not Williamson.

But I think I read somewhere that Mitsubishi may be trying to kinda restart their auto division...as far as designing / building autos.  With the help of Nissan / Renault, maybe they'll become an up-and-coming rebrand?

• Like 3