Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

9 hours ago, nashvillwill said:

Is this really even a big catch? They don’t have an assembly plant in North America. I’m pretty sure they don’t even build cars anymore. I think they just take models from other auto makers and re-badge them. I’m not sure that’s 100% accurate, but honestly, when is the last time you remember seeing a Mitsubishi on the road that turned your head?

When I first saw the headlines and the excitement over it, I assumed it was Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. Now that would have been a huge catch. Then I found out it was a nearly defunct auto “maker”, and I was severely disappointed. 

Edit: Just looked into this and apparently the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance is one of the worlds larger automakers. So they are probably just trying to move closer to Nissan.

Yeah an automobile manufacturing making Nashville its North American headquarters and hiring people is disappointing and not a big catch. 

This forum is insane.

Edited by Ingram
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

But I think I read somewhere that Mitsubishi may be trying to kinda restart their auto division...as far as designing / building autos.  With the help of Nissan / Renault, maybe they'll become an up-and-coming rebrand?

Anecdotal, but I drove a new Outlander as a rental out in Cali a couple months ago. Never again. 

• Like 1

Terry Clements of theNashville Convention and Visitors Corporation is retiring after 47 years there. He is credited with being a driving force behind the explosive growth Nashville tourism has experienced during his career.  Here's a nice interview with him as he looks back on the explosion of Music City's tourism over the years:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/life/shopping/ms-cheap/2019/06/27/nashville-tourism-growth-terry-clements-qa/1501535001/

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Great idea, but I don't see it happening for a long time here. 

Agreed. 

BUT, if who ever gets elected actually puts some work into selling this to the public, say the complete opposite to the transit plan, then it could happen. Developers would obviously be on board. 

You would have to deal with the angry crowd but they don't like what's happening now so they are going to complain.

"We all know trying to buy or rent in Nashville is too expensive. Want to fix this? Contact your council person and mayor and let them know you want to pass the Cheaper Housing for All Nashville Citizens bill."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fishsticks176 said:

The CBS show “Tell Me A Story” is basing its second season in Nashville and filming on location. Each season modernizes a classic fairy tale and this upcoming season puts the story of Beauty and The Beast in the context of a singer/songwriter looking to make it big in Music City. It’s set to air later this year.

I ran into one of the producers randomly and she told me about it. I don’t have any more info or a link to follow its progress, but I wanted to share! 

According to a poster on Next Door - they are filming on South Douglas (12 South ) Monday-Wednesday this week. The poster was upset that she was told that she couldn’t park on the street those days. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve been informed that one of the finalists for the bachelorette is a Nashville guy, and that they will be in Nashville for a portion of an episode. I hate this kinda crap tv but it’s really popular and I love to see our city on network television 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, markhollin said:

Happy 4th of July to all my Urbane Friends!  BTW, I'm thinking of heading downtown to take-in the fireworks for the first time in a decade tonight.  Anyone want to join me?

4th of July, 2018, 4.png

I used to go every year. It didn't hurt it was from the comfort of a meeting room at GS&P in City Center. Now, I just can't get up for dealing with the crowds and traffic, especially with a small child now. I know it'll be incredible though. The last show I saw downtown (4-5 years ago maybe?) was insane, and I know they've just gotten bigger every year.