Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

At Warby Parker’s downtown Nashville offices — its second headquarters — the company has outpaced its growth projections and now occupies three floors at the L&C Tower.

In 2016, the company said it would eventually employ 250 people in Nashville. Today, they have all over 350 local employees, with a dozen new team members starting Monday and plans to hire even more workers. The company started with a handful of Nashville employees in 2014, moving to two floors in the L&C Tower by mid-2016 to accommodate its growth.

Additionally, Warby Parker is opening its 2nd Nashville retail operation at the expanded Green Hills Mall.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/07/11/warby-parker-nashville-new-green-hills-store/1702050001/

Outstanding looking store. Great addition to the mall and it raises the bar for other stores. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, henburg said:

I was browsing one of the Toronto skyscraper boards and saw something that looked pretty familiar-

image.thumb.png.5a4ef786f74d88a7e19ef4dacd78f573.png 

I think it's called 160 Front West and is beginning construction in Toronto now. It'll be weird seeing OG 505 CST's doppelgänger rise.

Ouch.

12 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

And here’s the Church Street view of the cousin of the Canadian Tower. (I really liked this design!)

81F4EA17-C4A3-4182-AE36-4C0B7AC3C9B2.jpeg

Such a great design. Wonder if there's a possibility Tony could convince Amazon to use this for the taller tower in Nashville Yards?

Don't forget, early voting for mayor starts today, everyone. You don't need to go to your assigned polling place during early voting, which ends at 4:30pm on Saturday July 27. Locations:

https://www.nashville.gov/Portals/0/SiteContent/ElectionCommission/docs/main/EVSchedule-190801.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2fiHLFRoTw3PHNia_KVXIELrg2C_DPRe4jYqf18BJOBEJt9_qFCqz2wNA

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

While running downtown this morning, I saw two flatbeds with pieces of a large yellow crane turning from Demonbreun onto 2nd toward KVB.   Anyone have an idea where they came from and where they're headed?

Pretty sure this was from the Drury. I saw them taking it down yesterday afternoon. 

• Thanks 2

The location of their headquarters will not be released until Monday. It will be interesting to see where they wind up.

Someplace already long standing or one of the buildings that are under construction or planned.

Fifth & Broadway, Nashville Yards, One KVB, Gulch Union, Capital View, BroadWest, The Moore, One22One

Edited by Ingram