Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nhl/predators/2019/09/18/predators-bridgestone-arena-renovations-scoreboard-concessions/2359303001

I read this article and get more mad at the Titans. Before/During/After the game this past Sunday. I was paying attention to the stadium and it's surroundings. I don't think the Titans upgraded A SINGLE THING in and around the stadium. It's mind boggling. I thought maybe they were poorly run, I am thinking now they just don't give a damn about the fan experience are a content to let it be. They should seriously consider hiring someone from the Predators to take over. 

I'll take it back, they changed one thing, they made it worse somehow getting into the stadium. The people they hire to direct traffic seem to care even less than they did last year at directing traffic. 

• Like 1

Just sort of going to be business as usual, IMO. 

PSC Metals is something every Mayor since Bredesen has been working on, so lets see if Cooper can get the ball rolling.

A real estate Liaison in the Mayors office sounds like a nice job for someone to get a handle on codes which is broken but all of Metro seems to be broken at the moment. He will have a lot to fix. 

MLB is something that just will not happen unless the guys wanting it here pay for it themselves. I just dont see Metro putting one cent into another stadium. Then, if it did happen, what do yo do with the old or rather new Ball park that was just built. The Sounds owners plus Metro will not be happy about that either.

MLB... Stay away! We dont need you.

11 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

MLB is something that just will not happen unless the guys wanting it here pay for it themselves. I just dont see Metro putting one cent into another stadium. Then, if it did happen, what do yo do with the old or rather new Ball park that was just built. The Sounds owners plus Metro will not be happy about that either.

MLB... Stay away! We dont need you.

MLB can happen if there is land surrounding the stadium to be developed, and PSC is the only location I know about.

• Like 1

I wasn't aware of the PSC site being developed for a $1B project... and the interviewer failed to ask (or clarify). Makes me shake my head sometimes how news (even Business) writers are so casual with numbers. This article reads like $1B projects are a dime-a-dozen. Also, it's not clear that Cooper understands PSC will not move if they have no incentive to do so. He sounds like he only views it as 'subsidizing' the land purchase. But if you already own the 'fabulously valuable' land and it's working well for you, why would you move? 

"I am meeting with everybody: the chamber, the downtown partnership, the Music City Council. I am meeting with everybody, and I want to hear from everybody. I am clear that downtown Nashville must be an even greater success. We have 15.5 million tourists, and it must grow. We must reinvest in that business to make it a success. Now, are we doing that? I think there is sufficient worry, but I had support from that community also."

Everyone except the COB.  Oh and didn't this guy run his entire campaigning pooping on downtown and tourists?

• Like 1

Nashville’s flexible office space inventory grew to 697,000 square feet by the end of this year’s second quarter, an increase of 20 percent compared to the figure from a year earlier, according to newly released report from CBRE.

More behind theNashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21087950/north-nashville-eyed-for-apartment-building

• Like 1

I know it sounds crazy, but the stadium is pretty old when you look at the rest of the NFL. Of the 31 stadiums, 18 have been built since Nissan opened, 2 (Raiders & Rams) teams have new stadiums under construction, and 6 have received substantial upgrades  (Miami, Chicago, Green Bay, Kansas City, Buffalo, & New Orleans)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigeasy said:

I know it sounds crazy, but the stadium is pretty old when you look at the rest of the NFL. Of the 31 stadiums, 18 have been built since Nissan opened, 2 (Raiders & Rams) teams have new stadiums under construction, and 6 have received substantial upgrades  (Miami, Chicago, Green Bay, Kansas City, Buffalo, & New Orleans)

The club level especially at Arrowhead feels like the lobby of a Ritz with 50 foot tall fireplaces, custom artwork, etc.  I remember walking into Arrowhead with my dad right after they had renovated it in 2010.  My dad said "Well, after spending $400 million to renovate an EXISTING stadium, the urinals had better be GOLD!" :tw_joy: 

Also, the KC renovation was $400 million in 2007-2010 dollars with very few structural changes and practically no changes to the seating bowl itself. Nashville would be looking at a price tag well north of that to make any substantial renovations to Nissan Stadium in 2019 dollars.

• Like 1

You know what stadium is 90% identical to Nissan and no one ever talks about... Gillette Stadium. It had the Architect firm (HOK Sports) and broke ground a year after Nissan was opened.  Gillette has done some upgrading since opening to include  the Optum Field Lounge in the south End zone and the  Encore Boston Harbor Terrace (Union Point in video) in the 300 section South end zone.  In video forward to the 1:18 min mark.

https://footballstadiumdigest.com/2017/03/gillette-stadium-upgrades-taking-shape/

https://www.patriots.com/video/2019-gillette-stadium-improvements

• Like 2

Overall yes... and I believe the Pittsburgh stadium is also quite similar. I don't think Nissan has a concourse that joins the upper levels on both sides like Gillette, which is closed at one end.  I recall going to a Titans game and trying to meet some friends who sat on the opposite side. We had to go all the way down and meet up with them at those stupid little houses. And IMHO that industrial look has not aged well. 

• Like 1