Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

17 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Did a tornado just hit downtown / East Nash?  I'm in Arkansas for a few weeks...but just went on WKRN's site and saw that the Knight's Inn was hit...and some other stuff near DT?

Yes---major storm.  Lots of damage.  No word yet on loss of life.  Just started a thread for it.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

Late last week a train with similar cargo was heading north. Probably safe to presume shipment in and out of Fort Campbell....

Those look to be M88A1 recovery vehicles, not combat vehicles.  I don't think there are any tracked units at FTCKY, but maybe one of the combat service support units has these.  Probably going to Knox or further north, or being returned to a National Guard or Reserve depot.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Nashville Cliff said:

Those look to be M88A1 recovery vehicles, not combat vehicles.  I don't think there are any tracked units at FTCKY, but maybe one of the combat service support units has these.  Probably going to Knox or further north, or being returned to a National Guard or Reserve depot.

That's sort of what I was thinking too. The equipment past the bridge looked to be earth moving equipment as well.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Tesla is considering the Nashville area for a gigafactory that would make the electric automaker’s Cybertruck, as well as Model Y models for the East Coast.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/03/11/report-tesla-considering-nashville-for-a.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

I would imagine this would be outside Davidson, maybe in Rutherford/Wilson counties. 

Oooo that's cool. I'd like to see some of those on the road!

"Tesla may expand and potentially double the size of Gigafactory 1. In June 2015, Tesla announced it exercised its option to buy 1,864 acres (754 hectares) of land adjacent to the original 1,000-acre (400 ha) Gigafactory site. "

1000 acres is quite the chunk of land, with possible expansion around it. Doesn't leave many places to look does it?

4 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

I think the Army Armor School was moved from Knox to Benning several years ago.

9 minutes ago, FrankNash said:

At the end of 840 in Dickson could be another option for Tesla.  That side of town really needs a shot in the arm.

While I definitely agree they need a shot in the arm (especially after losing ConAgra), that area is pretty hilly, so building something that large will be quite a bit more expensive. I'd say the Mt Juliet side of 840 would be a better fit. Plus much closer to the airport.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, satalac said:

While I definitely agree they need a shot in the arm (especially after losing ConAgra), that area is pretty hilly, so building something that large will be quite a bit more expensive. I'd say the Mt Juliet side of 840 would be a better fit. Plus much closer to the airport.  

Plus...you're not far from Smyrna airport...and there may be a way to tie in a railroad spur like Nissan did on that side of town.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, titanhog said:

Plus...you're not far from Smyrna airport...and there may be a way to tie in a railroad spur like Nissan did on that side of town.

Very good point. The logistics are really good to build something like that there. They better hurry up though, there's a new warehouse on 840 going up seemingly everyday. The first truck stop is going up on 840 @ Couchville Pike too!

• Like 2