Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

20 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

For example, who the hell are Todd and Julie Chrisley?  lol

My guess would be they're the ones who paid a publicist a lot of money to plant this story with Yahoo with the hopes of convincing their Facebook friends that they're A-listers.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ruraljuror said:

My guess would be they're the ones who paid a publicist a lot of money to plant this story with Yahoo with the hopes of convincing their Facebook friends that they're A-listers.

The Chrisleys are reality television stars. (I’ve never watched the program, or any other of the sort, but I have heard of them.)

The show is called Chrisley Knows Best.

RNC Looking at Nashville to replace Charlotte as location for convention. You think wenhad riots this weekend, I shudder to think about the protest that will take place if it is held here.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, JoeyX said:

The Bud Bundy types won't dare show up to attack the Republicans of Tennessee and other conventioneers.

I'm more worried about the Ammon Bundy types who will be on the guest list...not to mention the Teds...

Cool topical reference though, Joe!!

NO WAY should Nashville host the Republican National Convention.   There would be rioting and looting in the streets.  
If you aren’t old enough to remember, please Google what happened at the DNC convention in Chicago  in 1968.

I’d say the fact that Tennessee is not a “swing state” will work against being selected. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

As someone who lives blocks away from the Convention Center, this gets a hard NO from me. I will definitely be writing letters to council, the mayor, and the governor(skipping Marsha Blackburn because that would be even more useless than writing letters normally are). 

Be careful, she'll send the secret police to door.

• Confused 1

And if Nashville does get the convention, for the Bud Bundy types I'll create a pop-up craft beer joint with an art gallery in the Nayshuns called:

The Art of The Craft

pronounced: The Aaaaaaarrrrrrt of The Craaaaaaaaaaaaft

It's signature beer will be called "Triggered".

Edited by JoeyX
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

To be honest I feel like both parties should just do a virtual Zoom convention of some sort this year. 

Because they would inevitably get stuck on mute, have to call tech support and they would have a meltdown when they figured out that IT got offshored.

Then they would go on OldBook and ask "WHAT WIFI SERVICE DOES EVERYONE USE I CANT WATCH MY STORIES"

• Haha 3