Nashville Bits and Pieces

smeagolsfree

The only way we could drop our xfinity bill was to go to the 1G speed level. It dropped our bill by about 30%. We discuss it, but having cable, for us, is about like having running water, we can't give it up. (I make no claims at being forward thinking on the subject. We are weak.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Terms of the sale will not be disclosed till sometime this fall and every asset is being considered in the sale. This is hot off another press release.

So...sounds like maybe he would sell the land to the new owner if the price was right...but maybe retain the land and sell it himself?

Also...I'm imagining some really awesome development between this and the Reid land.  Could really develop a nice urban utopia.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 2

Before I got to your third point, immediately I thought PSC!!  That's a lot longer shot than either of those others. Wasn't there an actual report a few years back that said PSC was looking somewhere in northeast Davidson County on the Cumberland, or did I confuse that with another firm? 

• Like 2

A worker has been killed at a construction site.  Not exactly sure which building.  The address seems to be Palmer Plaza...but maybe it's the site on Broadway behind it?

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/1-critically-injured-after-industrial-accident-on-west-end/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — One person was killed when a wall collapsed at a construction site on West End Avenue Tuesday morning.

The man killed has been identified as 61-year-old Timothy Tyler

Metro police said Tyler was attempting to remove the caulk around a concrete section on an exterior wall near the loading docks outside an office building at 1801 West End Avenue when it fell on him.  

Officers were called to the location around 11 a.m.

Tyler, who was employed by Architectural Glass and Metal Company Inc., was transported from the scene to Vanderbilt University Medical Center with critical injuries.

• Sad 9

31 minutes ago, titanhog said:

A worker has been killed at a construction site.  Not exactly sure which building.  The address seems to be Palmer Plaza...but maybe it's the site on Broadway behind it?

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/1-critically-injured-after-industrial-accident-on-west-end/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — One person was killed when a wall collapsed at a construction site on West End Avenue Tuesday morning.

The man killed has been identified as 61-year-old Timothy Tyler

Metro police said Tyler was attempting to remove the caulk around a concrete section on an exterior wall near the loading docks outside an office building at 1801 West End Avenue when it fell on him.  

Officers were called to the location around 11 a.m.

Tyler, who was employed by Architectural Glass and Metal Company Inc., was transported from the scene to Vanderbilt University Medical Center with critical injuries.

It was Palmer Plaza. They had caution tape around the area. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Random question, but does anyone think we have a shot at getting a tower in Rutledge Hill / Pie Town with some legitimate height? I know something massive was proposed (and canceled within a day) within pie town, but it really would stretch the skyline enormously. It is hard to tell from the @smeagolsfree's development map.

Thanks

Rutledge Hill, probably not due to the historic nature of the neighborhood. Closer along Lafayette and 8th, it would be more likely. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well I agree with you that nothing tall will be built there. I do feel that the boundaries have been blurred and not clear to John Q Public and also that all of the responsibility for any of this should be taken from MDHA, as they have not been consistently doing their job for a long long time and they should never have had the authority they have had.

This goes back way before you were here Craig. They were givien way too much power and authority over larger areas of redevelopment districts and there was no need for them in the first place. They should have just been invloved with Metro Housing and the land they directly owned....nothing else.

Ofcourse Metro Historic dropped the ball along with the Council years ago and did not do historic overlays where they were needed and contextual overlays where they were needed. Most of this should have been done 40 or 50 years ago, but Nashville was a hick town and still is in a lot of ways.

There are a lot of areas that are in redevelopment districts now that should not be and the Opportunity Zones are frankly a joke. There are some Redevelopment Zones that just need to be incorporated into the downtown code to stramline a lot of the nonsense you have to jump through as a developer.

I can go on and on about how bad Metro has dropped the ball, but it is what it is now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1